MS in Sport Management
Residential and Online Program
The Master of Science in Sport Management at Liberty provides a variety of program options to meet the needs of recent undergraduate students, non-traditional students, international applicants, and working professionals. The Master of Science degree is designed to prepare competent, effective leaders with a Biblical worldview who will model high standards and assume a leadership role in the sports industry.
These degrees are offered through the Hospitality & Sport Management Department.
- 36-hour graduate program
- Residential and online formats
- Graduate assistantships available
Your degree from the Department of Sport, Event, & Tourism Management is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). COSMA is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels through specialized accreditation.
In addition, Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC.
- Coaching & Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis) – Residential & Online
- Coaching & Athletic Administration (Thesis) – Residential & Online
- General (Non-Thesis) – Residential & Online
- Outdoor Adventure Sport (Non-Thesis) – Residential & Online
- Outdoor Adventure Sport (Thesis) – Residential & Online
- Sport Administration (Non-Thesis) – Residential & Online
- Sport Administration (Thesis) – Residential & Online
- Tourism (Non-Thesis) – Residential & Online
- Tourism (Thesis) – Residential & Online
Outdoor Adventure Sport
Courses You Could Take
- Social Issues in Sport Management (SMGT 501)
- Sport Marketing and Public Relations (SMGT 502)
- Ethics in Sport (SMGT 503)
- Foundations of Sport Ministry (SMGT 504)
- Legal Issues in Sports (SMGT 505)
- Economics and Financial Management of Sport (SMGT 506)
Programs of Study
Each of the Master of Science Sport Management specializations has a unique Degree Completion Plan (DCP) that students may use as a guide to scheduling classes and estimate their time of graduation.
- Adventure Sport
- Collegiate Athletic Administration
- Communication and Public Relations in Sport
- Event Management and Ticket Operations
- Facility and Arena Management
- Fitness and Health Industry Management
- Outdoor Recreation and Park Planning
- Professional Sport Management
- Recreation and Tourism Management
- Resort Management
Admissions Requirements & More
Find M.S. in Sport Management admissions requirements, transfer information, and accreditation on the Residential Admissions site.