COSMA Accreditation and Assessment Findings
The sport management degree program(s) at Liberty University have received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. The sport management programs in the following degrees are accredited by
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management (Residential) with cognates in Sport Administration, Sport Communication & Public Relations, Sport Outreach, Venue & Event Management, and General Studies
- Master of Science in Sport Management (Residential and Online) with cognates in Sport Administration, Outdoor Adventure Sport, Tourism and General Studies
The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate and master’s levels through specialized accreditation.
In 2010, Liberty University’s Undergraduate Sport Management Program was approved as a charter member of COSMA and given full accreditation. Shortly after that, in 2015, all of the Sport Management Graduate Programs also received full accreditation from COSMA. The Liberty University Department of Sport Management is proud of our accreditation through COSMA and how this achievement demonstrates the validity and design of our programs.
As part of our accreditation standards with COSMA and as a matter of public accountability, the Department of Sport Management discloses our yearly student assessment results.
- Program Learning Outcomes Report 2019-20
- Program Information Profile 2019-20
- Program Level Operational Effectiveness Goals 2019-20