Liberty Mountain Medical Group
Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM) has opened the first clinic associated with its clinical practice plan, the Liberty Mountain Medical Group (LMMG). This freestanding clinic provides quality holistic, patient-centered health care for the public of Lynchburg, Bedford, Campbell, and Amherst counties in addition to LU faculty, staff, and the student-body.
LUCOM has established the clinic as a collaborative partnership between the patient, its physicians, and Central Virginia Family Physicians (CVFP) utilizing and embracing the medical home concept. The clinic, importantly to the mission of LUCOM, expands access to state-of-the-art osteopathic medical care for patients while providing an educational venue for the osteopathic student physicians of today and the physicians of tomorrow.
Location & Availability
The Liberty Mountain Medical Group (LMMG) is located at 2315 Wards Road, next to K-Mart.
The clinic is equipped to handle an estimated 200 patients daily and is staffed by LUCOM and CVFP physicians. Clinical administration and staff support is provided through an operational affiliation with CVFP.
Appointments & Walk-ins
Patients may schedule appointments with their physician(s) of choice at the clinic by calling the clinic at (434) 582-2273 or through CVFP. Same day appointments are accepted during operational hours with urgent care available both during normal operation and after hours. Urgent care will be available for patients through the affiliation with CVFP and the utilization of its system of urgent care clinics; providing assurance for the patient that the physician has access to their medical records (at the time of care) to ensure continuity of care.
Health Services Provided
The clinic provides preventative, primary, and chronic health care through providers certified in the following disciplines:
- Behavioral Health
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Public Health
- Sports Medicine
- Travel Medicine
- Women’s Health
The clinic features state-of-the-art diagnostic services including digital X-ray, bone-density (DEXA) scans, sonography (ultrasound), comprehensive laboratory testing, and provides for multiple outpatient procedures.
The following physicians are faculty at the facility:
- Amanda Baright, D.O. (Surgery)
- Kathy Bogacz, M.D. (Internal Medicine)
- Kimberly DeVolld, M.D. (Adolescent and Pediatric Medicine)
- Eric Gish, D.O. (Family Medicine and OMM)
- Carl Hoegerl, D.O. (Internal Medicine and Neurology)
- Michael Hueber, D.O. (Family Medicine, OMM, and Sports Medicine)
- James Kribs, D.O. (OMM and Sports Medicine)
- Michael Lockwood, D.O. (OMM and Women’s Health)
- Keith Metzler, M.D., Clinic Medical Director (Family Medicine)
- Ray Morrison, D.O. (Surgery)
- Raena Pettit, D.O. (Family Medicine, OMM, and Women’s Health)
- Sigmund Seiler, M.D. (Family Medicine)
- Olubukola Ojuola, M.D. (Pediatrics)