Independent & Graduate Housing
Independent On-Campus Living
Stay on campus while experiencing benefits of off-campus living. In the Independent & Graduate Housing community, you can remain close to your classes as well as campus dining and recreational facilities while enjoying some of the freedoms of living off-campus. The Office of Residence Life has made two residence halls available to qualifying upperclassmen and graduate students. Eligible students may opt into this program through the Housing Selection process in the Res Life Portal.
Location: East Campus
- East Campus 140: Male Residence Hall
- East Campus 141: Female Residence Hall
All rooms will be set up like other halls on East Campus, including all amenities of a standard East Campus residence hall:
- 2 students per room in A & C rooms
- 3 students per room in B rooms
To qualify, you must either be:
- A junior, senior, or graduate student in the semester of residence in this program, if under 25 years old, OR
- A residential student, age 25-30
Points: You must have less than 15 points accumulated over the course of the previous academic year; you must also not exceed 15 points during the course of the current academic year (doing so may lead to a required move to another residence hall or off-campus).
Space & Cost
Rooms in the Independent & Graduate Housing buildings will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. To find available rooms, contact our office or visit the Res Life Portal. Pricing will be consistent with other halls on East Campus (no additional fees or higher rates).
- Residence Hall Leadership: Each Independent & Graduate Housing building has two Resident Assistants.
- Meal Plans: You will still be required to purchase an on-campus meal plan.
- College for a Weekend: CFAW guests will not be hosted within the Independent & Graduate Housing buildings unless specifically requested.
- Summer Housing: If you want to stay on campus during the summer, see Summer Housing.