CME certificates are issued on a per-semester basis and will be emailed to physicians approximately 60 days after the final rotation for each semester.
- Fall Semester – July through December rotations
- Certificates will be emailed by the end of February
- Spring Semester – January through June rotations
- Certificates will be emailed by the end of August
Here are examples of how hours will be determined:
- Physicians will be eligible for up to 40 AOA Category 1-B or 40 AMA PRA Category 2, CME credit- hours per week/per rotation. For example, preceptors who worked four weeks with one or more student-doctor(s) are eligible for a maximum of 160 hours per rotation, or 80 hours per two-week rotation.
- If two or more physicians shared the same student doctor during a rotation, hours will be calculated based on the percentage of time reported for the rotation stipend. For example: Dr. Jones and Dr. Smith were assigned one student during Rotation 1. Dr. Jones supervised the student 30% of the time, and Dr. Smith supervised the student 70% of the time. Therefore, Dr. Jones would receive 30% or 48 CME hours; and Dr. Smith would receive 70% or 112 CME hours.
If you have any questions about this process or need individual assistance, please email LUCOMCredentialing@liberty.edu or call (434) 582-7280.
Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).