Carl R. Hoegerl, DO, FACP
Associate Professor of Neurology
Chair, Department of Internal Medicine
Phone: (434) 592-6986
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- MSc, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- BS, Gannon University
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- LUCOM Faculty Development Committee
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners Advanced Item Writing Committee
- Received the Young Alumni Award from Gannon University
- Received a Medal of Honor from Gannon University
- Received the Joe Luckey Award for Service from Gannon University
Dr. Hoegerl serves as chair and associate professor of neurology in the department of internal medicine. He graduated in 2001 from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his internship at Geisinger Medical Center followed by residency training at Guthrie/Robert Packer Hospital and Stony Brook University Hospital. In 2009, he also received a clinical master of science degree in clinical research. Dr. Hoegerl joined LUCOM in 2013 after serving as the director of a Multiple Sclerosis center in Pennsylvania.
Dr. Hoegerl continues to run a part-time clinical practice near Lynchburg. His clinical interests are in stroke and multiple sclerosis and he continues to participate in research in these areas. He has a tremendous love for teaching the medical students especially in integrating technology in education. In 2014, Dr. Hoegerl received a second master’s degree in instructional technology.