Fitness Workshop: Zumba Workshop
October 3 / 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - Dance Studio, LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center
Get ready to have a blast while you get fit at the Zumba workshop on October 3rd from 10-11:30 am in the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center's Dance Studio. This fitness workshop allows you to work hard and burn calories while you learn new steps, build your confidence, and participate in a social workout. All levels welcome! Sign-ups will be available online on the LaHaye Group Excercise page 24 hours before class.
- Learn new steps and build your confidence
- Participate in a fun and social workout experience
- Burn calories and get fit while you have a blast!
Wellness Series: Finding Balance in the Midst of Stress with Michael Trexler
October 6 / 5:30 - 6:15 p.m. - Terrace Conference Room, Jerry Falwell Library
Have you ever wondered how to prevent stress, and what coping tools could possibly help? Come to "Finding Balance in the Midst of Stress" as a part of our Wellness Series events! Stop by the Terrace Conference Room in the Jerry Falwell Library on October 6th from 5:30-6:15 pm. You can expect to identify common stressors found in college, discover the consequences of not dealing with stress and learn new prevention and coping tools. You'll enjoy some free food and have a chance to win prizes.
- Identify common stressors found in college
- Discover the consequences of not dealing with stress
- Learn new prevention and coping tools
Personal Trainer Program: Boot Camp Training Program
October 12 - November 20th / Dance Studio, LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center
Wednesday & Friday 4:00 - 5:00 p.m: Workouts with the trainer
Liberty Students: take your workout routine to the next level with the LaHaye Boot Camp program! Boot Camp runs from October 12th - November 20th and will challenge you to six weeks of high intensity workouts to break through fitness plateaus. This is for exercisers that are up for a challenge, have been working out consistently for one year, and are ready to try more difficult exercises. Participants will workout with an experienced trainer twice a week on Wednesday and Friday from 4-5pm. The cost of this program is $50 for 12 sessions with a personal trainer and space is limited! Sign-up now at the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center - all applications are due on October 5th.
- Workout with a qualified trainer two times per week
- Be challenged with higher intensity workouts for fitness gains
- Be a part of a motivating and encouraging small group
Wellness Series: The Power of Prayer for the Professional with Campus Pastors Team
October 15 / 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. - Terrace Conference Room, Jerry Falwell Library
Discover the "Power of Prayer for the Professional" on October 15th from 12-12:45pm in the Terrace Conference Room of the Jerry Falwell Library. You'll have a chance to hear from campus pastors on how prayer impacts your daily professional life and unpack ways to apply this. Don't miss this lunch time Wellness Series talk - simply show up and have a chance to win prizes!
- Discover how the prayer impacts your professional life
- Hear from various campus pastors on the power of prayer
- Have a chance to win prizes!
Fitness Workshop: TRX Workshop
October 17 / 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - TRX Studio, LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center
Curious about what TRX is? Suspension Training, developed by Navy Seals, uses bodyweight exercises to develop strength, balance, flexibility, and core stability simultaneously. Participate in Lahaye's TRX Workshop on Saturday, October 17th, from 10-11:30am in the TRX Studio to learn more! Sign-ups will be online and LaHaye's Group Exercise page 24 hours prior to the start of the class. All levels are welcome.
- Build a solid core and increase muscular endurance
- Learn a fast and effective body weight workout
- Discover how to modify exercises to fit all fitness levels
Wellness Series: The Balancing Act: Fitness for Busy People with Heather Callahan
October 20 / 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. - Aerobic Room, Lahaye Recreation and Fitness Center
If you struggle balancing responsibilites, hobbies, and health during stressful and busy seasons of life, then you won't want to miss the next Wellness Series presentation. This presentation will discuss the effects of eliminating exercise from your busy schedule and the concept of work/health balance, along with offering realistic strategies to implement when it feels like there are not enough hours in the day. Stop by the LaHaye Aerobics Room on Tuesday, October 20th from 5:30-6:15pm for free food and a chance to win prizes!
- Learn the effects of eliminating exercise during stressful periods of life
- Examine work/health balance and how to realize succes in both areas
- Discuss realistic strategies to incorporate activity into your life
Aquatics Event: Aqua Volleyball Tournament
October 22 / 7:00 - 11:00 p.m. - Outdoor Pool, David's Place
Join us at David's Place outdoor, heated pool on Thursday, October 22nd from 7-11pm for a water volleyball tournament! Enjoy friendly competition while grilling out and relaxing by the pool under the deck heaters. Stop by LaHaye Front Desk to sign up. There is a $20 deposit, which will be refunded at the end of the tournament if your team participates. The teams consist of 4 players and we will allow 8 teams to register. Registration is open from September 25th - October 16th.
- Check out our heated pool and deck heaters
- Grill out with friends and teammates
- Enjoy friendly competition with water volleyball and have a chance to win prizes!
Fitness Workshop: All About Core Workshop
October 24 / 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - LaHaye Strength Studio
Join us at the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center on Saturday, October 24th for the All About Core Fitness Workshop! Learn how to properly engage your core and execute a variety of exercises that will challenge you to take your core strength and stability to the next level. All levels welcome! Sign-ups will be available online on the LaHaye Group Exercise page 24 hours before the class.
- Learn how to properly engage the core during abdominal exercises
- Practice fundamental and progressive exercises with a qualified instructor
- Get the tools to create a strong and stable core!
Wellness Series: The Power of Prayer for the College Student with the Campus Pastors Team
October 27 / 5:30 - 6:15 p.m. - Terrace Conference Room, Jerry Falwell Library
Discover the "Power of Prayer for the Professional" on October 27th from 5:30-6:15pm in the Terrace Conference Room of the Jerry Falwell Library. You'll have a chance to hear from campus pastors on how prayer impacts your daily professional life and unpack ways to apply this. Don't miss this lunch time Wellness Series talk - simply show up and have a chance to win prizes!
- Discover how the prayer impacts your student life
- Hear from various campus pastors on the power of prayer
- Have a chance to win prizes
Rock wall Event: Bouldering Competition
October 30 / 12:00 - 11:00 p.m. - Rock wall, LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center
Curious what it's like to be in a rock climbing competition? Come and join us for a chance to have a great time with music, food, prizes, and fellowship with other students of all levels. There is a beginner, intermediate, and advanced categories. Awards are given for out top male and female, top dyno competitor, and crash pad stacking competition winner. Have a chance to win great gear from our event sponsors, or one of $75 worth of raffles just for participating!
The competition takes place on October 30th. You will be able to choose to join a group of no more than 40 others for 2.5 hours of climbing. Prizes and awards will be given out after all groups have finished and results are determined. Pre-registration is $5 and day of registration is $10.
- Enjoy friendly competition against other students and friends
- Enjoy the music, food and fun
- Try all new boulder problems set for the competition
Fitness Workshop: Hip Hop Workshop
October 31 / 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - Dance Studio, LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center
Join us at the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center on Saturday, October 31st, for the Hip Hop Workshop! Learn how to break down and create exciting and dynamic Hip Hop dance choreography with an experienced instructor. Gain knowledge, experience, and a great workout while having a blast! All levels welcome! Sign-ups will be available online on the LaHaye Group Exercise page 24 hours before the class.
- Learn how to break down and create Hip Hop dance chreography
- Practice choreography in a fun group setting with an experienced instructor
- Get a great workout while having a blast!