What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is an integrated writing assistant that checks for common grammatical errors, clarity, conciseness, engagement, readability, and so much more. It seamlessly integrates with Microsoft 365 desktop and web applications, web browsers, social media, and hundreds of other native applications, making it simple to find and correct common writing errors.
Getting Started (Faculty & Staff)
To download Grammarly through Software Center, follow the steps below:
- Open Software Center (PC) or Self Service (Mac) on your computer.
- Use the Search Box to search for Grammarly.
- Click Install.
- Click Installation Status to check the install progress. Once the installation is complete, Grammarly is ready to use.
For more information on using Software Center, review the Software Center Knowledge Base Article.
Getting Started (Adjunct Faculty & Students)
To activate or claim your new Grammarly account, follow the steps below:
- Click the button below and follow the link to the Grammarly login.
- Sign in with your existing Liberty University email and password.
- Complete the single sign-on authentication.
- Once completed, you will be directed to Grammarly and have access to your new Grammarly for Education Subscription.
Need help learning how to utilize Grammarly? Here are some additional helpful resources:
Take advantage of Grammarly for Education’s browser extension, desktop compatibility, security features, and writing assistance in all documents, messages, and emails!
- Compatability: Grammarly is compatible across both Apple and Windows devices and can be installed as browser extensions in Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox.
- Security: Grammarly offers data encryption and secure cloud architecture for each user.
- Capability: Grammarly offers a wide range of writing assistance and support to each user, including spelling and grammar checks, sentence rewrites, and plagiarism detection.
The Grammarly for Education subscription includes access to spelling, grammar, and punctuation corrections, clarity-focused rewrites, tone adjustments, plagiarism detection, wording suggestions, formality level, fluency, and additional advanced writing suggestions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can claim a Grammarly for Education?
Grammarly for Education is available to all Liberty University Faculty, Staff, and Students.
How do I claim my Grammarly account?
To sign up for your Grammarly for Education account, log in using your Liberty Credentials.
Does Grammarly for Education work with Canvas?
Yes, Grammarly integrates well with Canvas and various other applications and websites.
How Does Grammarly Work?
Once installed, Grammarly runs in the background scanning your communications and offering suggestions for improvement. From Microsoft Word to Social Media, Grammarly becomes your writing assistant by highlighting errors and problems with your text.
How long will I have access to my Grammarly for Education Subscription?
The premium subscription is only available to active faculty/staff/students. Your premium subscription will be downgraded to a free subscription when you are no longer in active status.
How many devices can I have Grammarly on?
Grammarly for Education allows usage for up to five devices.
With Grammarly for Education, will my data be secure?
Grammarly maintains uncompromised security standards through enterprise-grade measures to protect both student and University data.
Can I use Grammarly offline?
No, Grammarly is an online application that requires a stable internet connection to be used.