CVCC and Liberty University Dual Enrollment Agreement
This agreement enables interested and qualified students to enroll jointly at Central Virginia Community College (CVCC) and Liberty University (LU). The agreement applies only to LU Residential Degree Programs and is limited to a maximum of 50 students.
- A qualified student for admission must have completed a high school diploma or GED.
- A student must enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester at CVCC to qualify for this program.
- Any student accepted under the Dual Admission and Enrollment Agreement will begin at CVCC in an Associate of Arts and Sciences (AA&S) or Associate of Science (AS) degree program. Upon the completion of the academic requirements stipulated in the dual admission offer, a student will transfer to and complete the bachelor's degree at Liberty University.
- Students should apply directly to CVCC and LU and are required to submit all the required information in support of the application for dual admission to be a regularly admitted student to both institutions. Once coursework is completed at CVCC, they will notify Liberty University when the student has graduated and may complete their education at LU.
- The student is required to notify CVCC and LU that they accept admission under this dual agreement before enrollment begins.
- During the first two years at CVCC in the Associates level program, CVCC will be considered the Home Institution and Liberty will be considered the Host institution for financial aid processing purposes. After earning the Associate's degree at CVCC, during the student's full-time enrollment at LU, LU will be considered the Home institution and CVCC will be considered the Host institution for financial aid processing purposes.
- Both institutions will assign academic advisors once the student is enrolled to ensure that all requirements are being met.
- CVCC students admitted to this program may take one course per semester at LU (and this does not include summer). Students may enroll in pre-requisite or gateway courses for their major or one other course of their choosing provided that space is available in the class, that pre-requisites for that course have been satisfactorily completed and that (for Title IV finance aid eligibility) the course specifically meets a requirement for the student's Degree Completion Plan.
- Students who enroll at LU as a part of the dual enrollment program, while CVCC is the Home institution, must be in good academic standing at CVCC.
- Credits for any course successfully completed at LU will transfer back to CVCC and be applied to the students' associate degree requirements as previously approved by the Registrar at each institution.
- Students will pay the tuition charges for each enrolled course, at CVCC rates, to CVCC. The LU Student Accounts Office will charge standard tuition rates for courses taken at LU and then provide a discount, so that the net tuition charge is equivalent to CVCC rates.
- The student becomes ineligible to continue under this program if enrollment is broken.
- Students admitted through dual enrollment program will have the opportunity to utilize the Montview Student Center, the Jerry Falwell Library and attend convocation.
- Following successful completion of a qualified associate's degree, the student will transition from part-time host enrollment at LU to full-time home enrollment at LU. The student will be required to complete the FAFSA for financial aid at LU.
- Students participating in this agreement will be eligible to be considered for LU scholarships designated for transfer students and to participate in transfer student scholarship competitions after earning the associate's level degree and when LU is considered the Home institution.