Gain the Licensure You Need to Impact Children and Adolescents with an Online B.Ed. Degree!
Are there teachers in your life who made a lasting, positive impact on you? Maybe their influence has inspired you to be a difference-maker in the lives of young students. With Liberty’s 100% online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree, you can begin a career that will change your life and the lives of students for years to come.
This 100% online B.Ed. program is designed to prepare you for teaching licensure in the state of Virginia. you can gain the in-demand skills, knowledge, and tools you’ll need to prepare students for success in the classroom – and in life. This degree will teach you learning theories that underlie various stages of childhood development and real-world teaching methods to give you confidence in the classroom. You’ll also study the latest education technologies to engage your students in the classroom and current trends in public, private, and Christian learning institutions.
Whether you’re working toward your B.Ed. in elementary, middle, or special education, the credentials you’ll earn through the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) teaching licensure requirements will equip you to reach new professional heights and shape a better world. Become the positive influence that every child needs.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations. Request more information to receive reciprocity guidelines for your state.
Liberty University’s B.Ed. degrees are NCATE through CAEP accredited.
Available Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Degree Programs
- Business Education (6-12)
- Elementary Education
- Elementary Education – Middle Grades English
- Elementary Education – Middle Grades Math
- Elementary Education – Middle Grades Science
- Elementary Education – Middle Grades Social Science
- Elementary Education – Special Education
- Middle Grades Science
- Special Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- English Education (6-12)
- Mathematics Education (6-12)
- Middle Education – English
- Middle Education – Math
- Middle Education – Science
- Middle Education – Social Sciences
- Physics Education (6-12)
- Physics Education – Earth Science (6-12)
- Social Studies Education (6-12)
- Special Education
Potential Careers Available to B.Ed. Graduates
- Elementary school teacher
- K-12 curriculum coordinator
- K-12 education consultant
- Middle school teacher
- Special education teacher
Liberty’s institutional accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and the School of Education’s accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP) can give you confidence that you are investing in an industry-recognized degree that will help you meet your goals.
Please note: Requirements for teaching licensure vary by state. Liberty’s Bachelor of Education is designed to prepare you for licensure in the state of Virginia following VDOE guidelines and testing.
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Education Degree through Liberty University?
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and as one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your education degree or certificate online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks.
- Pursuing our online Bachelor of Education licensure-tracks may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
- You will have accumulated 390 classroom hours by the time you graduate.
- By completing this program, you can gain licensure in accordance with the Virginia Department of Education guidelines. Check with your state education department to see if Virginia meets their reciprocity guidelines.
- Liberty University’s state-of-the-art online learning environment offers you a wide variety of learning methods, including simulations, recorded lectures, and digital collaboration tools that will help you engage with your studies and learn practical teaching skills.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete your online education program in less than 4 years, due to our 8-week format and 8 start dates per year.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for your military training
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We’re now ranked in the top 1% of online schools and universities for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
– by BestColleges.com
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition in 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.