Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Middle Education – English
Inspire Young People with a Bachelor’s Degree in Middle Education – English
Are you passionate about teaching young adults and helping them prepare for the future? If the idea of becoming a middle grades teacher is exciting but you need more flexibility than what a traditional on-campus degree provides, then Liberty’s 100% online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) could be a great fit! Liberty’s unique B.Ed. in Middle Education – English prepares you to teach English to preteens while you earn your teacher’s license in the state of Virginia* — all from the comfort of your own home.
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. We fulfill this mission by training educators to pursue excellence and Christlike compassion in the classroom. Throughout the B.Ed. in Middle Education – English program, you will study both essential learning theory and best practices that will equip you to help middle school students thrive. Your practicum and student teaching will also give you hands-on experience applying what you learn to a classroom within your community.
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Middle Education – English is approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) and is one of the first 100% online teacher preparation programs in the county that allows you to earn your license without traveling to a traditional campus for classes.
Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). This accreditation means that your coursework and training meet the highest standards of excellence and will demonstrate your value as a professional to future employers.
Not interested in licensure? Check out our bachelor’s degree in elementary education interdisciplinary studies!
*If you are planning to pursue licensure in another state, please review the reciprocity of Virginia teaching licensure with your state’s Department of Education requirements.
What Will You Learn in the B.Ed. in Middle Education – English?
- The social and intellectual development of middle school learners, learning style differences, and how to create an effective learning environment for writing and other topics
- Expertise in middle education teaching and learning, including effective reading and writing instruction
- How to create teaching materials and curriculum for middle grades students
- How to use an evidence-based approach to theory and best practices to assess, plan, and teach middle school education
The B.Ed. in Middle Education – English can provide you with a foundation of both learning theories and best practices that will equip you to adapt to the unique needs and challenges of middle grade students. Your degree in middle education can help your students gain confidence in their English skills and abilities — confidence that will help them in many areas of their lives. The combination of 100% online courses and hands-on training through your practicum and student teaching can prepare you to apply what you learn to real-life scenarios in the classroom.
Potential Careers for B.Ed. in Middle Education – English Graduates
- English teacher
- Homeschool teacher
- Middle education consultant
- Middle education curriculum coordinator
- Middle education teacher
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing an Online B.Ed. in Middle Education?
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Middle Education – English degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Pursuing our online Bachelor of Education licensure-tracks may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
- You can complete this B.Ed. in Middle Education – English program in as little as 3.5 years!
- The B.Ed. in Middle Education – English licensure-track program is approved by the VDOE for teacher preparation. This approval means that you can complete your licensure requirements through the program for the state of Virginia and apply for reciprocity in another state if desired.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.