Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Physics Education – Earth Science
Earn Your Physics and Earth Science Education Degree and Start Inspiring Students Today
If you have a love for science and want to use your passion to educate the next generation, then a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is for you! This degree can help you learn the fundamentals of teaching, gain classroom experience, and earn your teaching license. You can take your interests and turn them into a career that changes lives and positively impacts the future.
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Education in Physics Education – Earth Science can give you all the tools and experience you’ll need to become a successful middle school or high school science teacher. Are you ready to help young people live up to their full potential? If so, partner with us – we can help you earn the credential you’ll need to inspire your future students.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s B.Ed. in Physics and Earth Science?
- Curriculum development
- Electricity and magnetism
- Mineralogy and petrology
- Teaching methods
- Thermodynamics and statistical mechanics
Throughout your Bachelor of Education, you can gain foundational skills related to communication, psychology, Christian ethics, and more. You’ll study topics necessary to help you become a successful middle school or high school physics and earth science teacher. Plus, you can gain the experience you need to be confident as an educator and receive your teaching license.
Potential Careers for B.Ed. in Physics Education – Earth Science Graduates
Liberty’s online B.Ed. in Physics Education – Earth Science can help you start your education career. Some of the roles you may be suited for include:
- Curriculum coordinator
- High school teacher
- Homeschool teacher
- Middle school teacher
- Private school teacher
Through Liberty’s 100% online B.Ed. program, you can earn a well-respected degree in education, pursue Virginia licensure, and start your career with over 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching. This program is designed to provide the resources, tools, and knowledge you need to succeed as a 6th-12th grade physics and earth science teacher.
Benefits of Pursuing Your Bachelor of Education with Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this B.Ed. program in as little as 3.5 years!
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- You can graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia. Additionally, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity.*
- Receive over 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
*This may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8 week-courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.