Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education – Special Education
Train to Help Children with Special Needs as You Get Your Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education
Do you want to earn your elementary education teaching license but also want to have the option to help children with special needs? We’re here to help you get the skills and credentials you need! With Liberty’s 100% online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education – Special Education degree, you can prepare to be an elementary school teacher while learning how to help students with different learning styles learn and grow.
With Liberty’s 100% online B.Ed. in Elementary Education degree, you can meet licensure requirements and get the hands-on experience you need without traveling to a traditional university campus. Through this program, you can complete the core competencies, student teaching, and practicum requirements necessary to earn your Virginia teaching license.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations. Request more information to receive reciprocity guidelines for your state.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Special Education Degree?
- Behavioral and individual differences in students
- Classroom teaching
- Development of Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for special education students
- Elementary school curriculum and instruction
- How to assess and transition diverse learners
- How to teach diverse learners reading and literature
Throughout your B.Ed. degree, you will be learning professional development to help you succeed in an elementary classroom as well as specifics on teaching special education. You can get a thorough background in educational theories and become equipped to deliver safe, creative, and fun classes. Our program prepares you with subjects like communication, mathematics, and biblical principles that can be used in both your professional and personal life.
Potential Careers for B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Special Education Graduates
- Elementary school teacher
- K-6 curriculum coordinator
- K-6 education consultant
- Private school teacher
- Special education teacher (K-6)
- Teacher’s aide
Benefits of the Online B.Ed. Program
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- This program is offered 100% online and is approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) for teacher preparation. This approval means that you can complete your teaching license without having to travel to a university campus.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP, so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia and other states through reciprocity.*
- Receive over 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- Learn from professors who are professionals in the field of education and are dedicated to our mission of Training Champions for Christ.
- Complete your B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Special Education in less than 4 years!
- Pursuing our online licensure-track Bachelor of Education may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
*Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8 week-courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.