- J.D., Cumberland School of Law (Samford University)
- B.A., Stetson University
Areas of Interest/Teaching
Labor/Employment Law, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Mediation, Lawyering Skills, Child Abuse and the Law
- Member of the Florida Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in the State of Florida and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Worked as a partner in Landis Graham French, P.A., which focused primarily in the areas of
- labor and employment law and
- civil litigation for damages associated with child sexual abuse
- Assistant State Attorney for Florida’s 7th Judicial Circuit
- Founding member and executive director of GRACE (Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment), the purpose of which is to
- educate and equip the evangelical Church to correctly respond to sexual abuse disclosures and
- train the Church in how to minimize the opportunities for abuse to occur within its environment
- Adjunct faculty member with the Rinker School of Business at Stetson University in DeLand, Florida and Celebration, Florida
Professor Boz Tchividjian is a former child abuse prosecutor who teaches Child Abuse and the Law and several other courses at Liberty Law. As a prosecutor for more than eight years, Tchividjian created the first “Crimes Against Children” division at the Office of the State Attorney in the 7th Judicial Circuit of Florida. As division chief, Tchividjian was personally responsible for prosecuting hundreds of cases of child sexual abuse. He has spent in excess of 17 years using what he learned as a prosecutor to train and equip prosecutors, investigators, social workers, and medical personnel in handling various aspects of child sexual abuse prosecutions.
Tchividjian is the founder and executive director of GRACE (Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment), an organization that educates and equips faith communities to correctly respond to sexual abuse disclosures, while also providing practical guidance on how to protect children and serve survivors.
An expert on issues related to child abuse and child protection, Tchividjian was a columnist for Religion News Service. His weekly column focused on the intersection of abuse and faith communities. His columns can now be found at www.netgrace.org/blog.
Tchividjian has also authored a mini book titled, Protecting Children from Abuse at Church: Steps to Prevent and Respond (New Growth Press, 2013) and numerous law journal articles related to the issue of child sexual abuse. His article titled, “Catching American Sex Offenders Overseas: A Proposal for a Federal International Mandated Reporting Law,” was published in the Spring 2015 edition of the University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Review. His proposal has been drafted into a federal bill that has received bi-partisan sponsorship and is scheduled to be introduced in Congress in 2017.
Tchividjian is the third eldest grandchild of the Reverend Billy Graham and is the co-author of a book titled, Thank You, Billy (Barbour Publishing, 2014).