BS in Sport Management
Residential & Online Programs
The Bachelor of Science in Sport Management at Liberty University provides a 120 credit hour program for those students interested in earning a business and practical experience-based foundation for a career in sports.
In addition to the undergraduate Sport Management major, students may use 17 elective hours toward a Coaching minor, or 18 elective hours toward a minor in Business. Non-Sport Management majors, who may also be interested in a career in sports, may also select a 15 credit hour Sport Management minor.
This degree is offered through the Hospitality & Sport Management Department.
COSMA Accredited Residential Degree
Your residential degree from the Department of Sport, Event, & Tourism Management is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). COSMA is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels through specialized accreditation.
This is in addition to Liberty University’s institutional accreditation.
Sport Management Cognates
Courses You Could Take
- Intro. to Sport Management (SMGT 200)
- Communication in Sport (SMGT 310)
- Issues and Trends in Sport (SMGT 406)
- Sport Marketing (SMGT 410)
Sport Management Career Opportunities
- Collegiate Athletic Administration
- Event Management
- Facility and Arena Management
- Front Office Position with a Professional Team
- National Sport Governing Bodies
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Private Enterprise
- Resort Management
- Ticket Operations and/or Ticket Sales
- Various Positions Unique to each Sport