Aviation Maintenance Technician Program
Residential Aviation Maintenance Technician Program (AMTP)
Put your career on the fast track in aviation maintenance technology through our certificate, associate, and bachelor programs.
Liberty University’s Aviation Maintenance Technician Program (AMTP) graduates enjoy a nearly 100 percent job placement rate. They use their skills in faith-based mission aviation organizations and in corporate, commercial, and general aviation settings.
Begin your career with your aviation maintenance technician certificate or continue your studies and complete an associate degree in an additional year.
You can also complete your bachelor’s degree in Aviation Maintenance Management or Unmanned Aerial Systems through Liberty University. Or, complete a bachelor’s degree in Aviation Maintenance Management online.
Through AMTP at Liberty University, you’ll get:
- Top quality training by our dedicated faculty and staff
- Competitive tuition prices
- Faith-based training in the context of a four-year college setting
- Complete training for FAA licensure in one year
- Reduced overall cost through accelerated training
Aviation Maintenance Program Options
- Aviation Maintenance Technician Certification – FAA A&P Certificate Program (L48T855K)
- A.A. in Aviation Maintenance Technology
- B.S. in Aviation Maintenance: Management
- B.S. in Aviation Maintenance: Unmanned Aerial Systems
- B.S. in Aviation Maintenance Management (online degree)
Our Aviation Maintenance Technician Program is designed for the FAA Part 147 certificate portion to be completed as a single block in one year and, if you choose, you can complete your associate degree in an additional year. The bachelor’s degree is designed as a 4-year program including the one-year intensive Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) training. Aviation Maintenance Technician Program classes begin in January, May, and August.
One-Year Program Cost
- $28,000.00 (approximate – for 3 consecutive semesters)
- Tools: $2,100.00 (estimate)
- Books: $270.00 (estimate)
- Uniforms: $150.00 (estimate)
- FAA Testing: $850.00 (estimate – for three FAA written exams and three FAA practical exams)
Career Opportunity Information
- Aviation International News – Aviation Industry Short on Qualified Maintenance Technicians
- Lewis University – The Aircraft “Mechanic” Misperception
- Flying Magazine – Unique Aviation Career As an Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Forbes.com– Outlook For Aviation Careers Brightens With Looming Pilot And Mechanic Shortages
Graduates are certified to test for Federal Aviation Administration licensure/certification
“When I began Liberty University’s AMTP I had no maintenance experience. My courses gave me the skills to obtain my A&P certificate and gain the experience I needed to be an airplane mechanic.” — Lindsey Gray, Pilot/Mechanic, AIMAIR