M.A. in Music Education – Music Studies
Residential Music Education – Music Studies Program
Further your education and enhance your career with a Music Education (M.A.): Music Studies degree from Liberty University. Study the philosophy of education and principles of pedagogy and deepen your understanding of music. Gain practical, hands-on experience that will help you excel in your future classrooms.
Learn from experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music education and performance, as well as decades of real-world experience in the classroom at every level.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall.
You’ll choose a capstone research project that matches your interests:
- Music Education Curriculum Project (MUSC 687): demonstrate your research through curriculum development and assessment
- Lecture Performance Recital (MUSC 691): express your research through performance and lecture
- Thesis (MUSC 690): complete a comprehensive research paper that can lead to doctoral work
The M.A. in Music Education: Music Studies is also available online.
Academics: Music Education (M.A.)- Music Studies
39 Credit Hours
Program of Study
Featured Music Studies Courses
- Biblical Foundations of Worship (WRSP 510)
- Principles of Music Technology (MUSC 630)
- Advanced Contemporary Arranging Techniques (MUSC 525)
- Introduction to Ethnomusicology (ETHM 511)
- Graduate Conducting (MUSC 515)
Career Opportunities: Music Education – Music Studies Graduates
- Director of Community Music Arts Program
- K-12 Music Educator
- Collegiate-level Music Educator
- Professional Music Education Consultant
- Music Education Supervisor
- School Music Administrator