Grants and scholarships for transfer students
Welcome to Liberty! We are glad you’re here. The scholarships below can help make tuition more affordable to you. Apply to all that you may be eligible for to increase your opportunity for aid.
Liberty Academic Scholarship 2021-2022
What’s Your GPA? Find Your Annual Scholarship!*
|GPA (High School/College)||Annual Amount|
|3.0 – 3.19||
|3.2 – 3.39||
|3.4 – 3.59||
|3.6 – 3.79||
|3.8 – 3.99||
What’s Your Test Score? Find Your Bonus!**
|Test Score||Annual Amount|
|SAT – 1240+||
|or ACT – 26+||
|or CLT – 81+||
Have a Higher Test Score & 3.0+ GPA? See Your Boost!
|Test Score||GPA (High School/College)||Annual Amount|
|SAT – 1560+||3.0+||
|or ACT – 35+||3.0+||
|or CLT – 107+||3.0+||
**Liberty will use the unweighted high school GPA when transferring less than 12 college credits and will use the best of the GPAs from high school or a simple average of all college GPAs in which the student transfers between 12 and 24 credit hours into Liberty University. If transferring 25+ college credits into Liberty, your college GPA, or a simple average of all college GPAs when transferring at least 12 credit hours from any institution will be used.
**Stacks on top of the GPA portion and requires a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Super scoring is used for both the ACT (all sections of subtests) and the SAT (Math and Evidence-based Reading and Writing).
- A transfer student’s GPA (12-24 credit hours) and best SAT/ACT scores will be used to determine his/her academic scholarship using the chart above.
- Students must meet the minimum Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards to continue to receive the award each year.
Central Virginia Community College Scholarship
Award: $5,000 per year up to four years
- For prospective students only
- Current students who did not receive this scholarship upon matriculation are not eligible
- Must complete and confer an Associate’s Degree from CVCC in 2008 or after must graduate with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must transfer directly to Liberty after completing and conferring the degree at CVCC
- This award is not stackable with the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- A member of Phi Theta Kappa
- Transferring to Liberty University with at least a 3.5 GPA
- Transferring to Liberty University directly from a two-year college as a resident undergraduate student from the school in which they were inducted into PTK.
- The award is $1,000 per year for up to four years.
Eligible students need to submit a copy of their proof of membership to email@example.com to qualify. The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship cannot be combined with the CVCC Scholarship.
Virginia Two Year College Transfer Grant
- View eligibility requirements on the Grants page.
- The award is up to $1,000 for a standard award year.
- Some majors may receive up to an additional $1,000 for the award year.
Word of Life Scholarship
Eligibility: Eligible students must transfer directly from WOLBI in New York, Florida, or Argentina with a GPA of at least 2.7 as a resident undergraduate student.
- Transfer after one year of WOLBI attendance – $1,000 per year for up to of four years
- Transfer after two years of WOLBI attendance – $1,500 per year for up to of four years