Grants and Scholarships for Transfer Students
Welcome to Liberty! We are glad you’re here. The scholarships below can help make tuition more affordable to you. Apply to all that you may be eligible for to increase your opportunity for aid.
2023-2024 Liberty Academic Scholarship
What’s Your GPA?* Find Your Annual Scholarship!
|GPA (High School/College)||Annual Amount|
|3.0 – 3.19||
|3.2 – 3.39||
|3.4 – 3.59||
|3.6 – 3.79||
|3.8 – 3.99||
What’s Your Test Score? Find Your Bonus!**
|Test Score||Annual Amount|
|SAT – 1240+||
|or ACT – 26+||
|or CLT – 81+||
Have a Higher Test Score & 3.0+ GPA? See Your Boost!
2023-2024 Academic Year
|Test Score||GPA (High School/College)||Annual Amount|
|SAT – 1540+||3.0+||
|or ACT – 35+||3.0+||
|or CLT – 107+||3.0+||
- SAT/ACT is required for academic scholarship purposes, but is not required for students age 22 or older
- The grid above reflects the amounts students are eligible to receive per year based on the Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (ERW) portions of the SAT, the composite score of the ACT and cumulative unweighted GPA. Super scoring is used for both the ACT (all four subtests), the SAT (Math and ERW) and the CLT.
- Students must meet the minimum Financial Aid satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards to continue receiving this scholarship.
- *GPA: The following information is used regarding the number of college credits transferred to Liberty University to determine the GPA used in calculating the scholarship:
- Less than 12 college credits: unweighted HS GPA (4.0 scale) only
- Between 12-24 college credits: either unweighted HS GPA (4.0 scale) or college GPA (whichever is better)
- 25 or more college credits: college GPA only
- Must have earned at least 12 college credits from one institution for the college GPA to be used; if there are multiple institutions from which 12+ credits are earned, a simple average of those institutions’ GPAs is used
- College credits earned through Liberty are not eligible to be considered for the purposes of this scholarship (i.e., courses taken previously on campus at LU, online through LUO, through LCA Dual Enrollment, or through LUOA Dual Enrollment)
- Students earning college credit through dual-enrollment (while in high school) who have questions regarding their Liberty Academic Scholarship eligibility should contact the Office of Admissions by emailing ResidentScholarships@liberty.edu
- **Test Score Bonus:
- With a minimum of a 3.0 GPA, the Test Score Bonus will add $1,000 onto your GPA-based academic scholarship or will bring your award up to a full tuition scholarship.
- The grid above reflects the Bonus amounts students are eligible to receive per year based on the Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (ERW) portions of the SAT or the composite score of the ACT or the CLT, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Super scoring is used for the ACT (all four subtests), the SAT (Math and ERW), and the CLT
Central Virginia Community College Scholarship
Award: $5,000 per year up to four years with a conferred Associate’s Degree from CVCC, or $2500 per year up to four years with a conferred Certificate from CVCC (Beginning in Fall 2022)
- For prospective students only
- Must have completed and conferred the degree or certificate from CVCC
- Must have graduated from CVCC with a cumulative GPA of 3.0* or higher (*Fall 2022 and forward; students matriculating at LU in Spring 2022 must have 3.50 GPA or higher)
- Must transfer directly to Liberty after completing and conferring the degree at CVCC
- Current students who did not receive this scholarship upon matriculation are not eligible
Additional Award Information: Beginning in Fall of 2022 and forward: this award, when combined with the Beacon of Hope Stay Close, Go Far scholarship, will not exceed $7,000. The CVCC Associates Degree and Certificate scholarships are not stackable with each other.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- A member of Phi Theta Kappa
- Transferring to Liberty University with at least a 3.5 GPA
- Transferring to Liberty University directly from a two-year college as a resident undergraduate student from the school in which they were inducted into PTK.
- The award is $1,000 per year for up to four years.
Eligible students need to submit a copy of their proof of membership to firstname.lastname@example.org to qualify. The Phi Theta Kappa
Virginia Two Year College Transfer Grant
- View all eligibility requirements on the Virginia State Aid webpage (select the second tab)
- The award is up to $1,000 for a standard award year.
- Some majors may receive up to an additional $1,000 for the award year.
Word of Life Scholarship
Eligibility: Eligible students must transfer directly from WOLBI in New York, Florida, or Argentina with a GPA of at least 2.7 as a resident undergraduate student.
- Transfer after completing one full academic (Fall and Spring) year of WOLBI attendance – $1,000 per year for up to four years
- Transfer after two full academic (Fall and Spring) years of WOLBI attendance – $1,500 per year for up to four years