Middle America Scholarship
College Opportunities Have Never Been More Accessible
Working families and their children have been priced out of many college options because they earn too much money to be offered any significant government grants. At Liberty, we are helping the middle class gain a much-needed step up with the new Middle America Scholarship.
“For families earning typically between $35,000 and $95,000, this program could provide over $5,000 in need-based aid for their student every year,” says Ashley Reich, Vice President of Student Financial Services.
How It Works
Students with an expected family contribution (EFC) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between 1-18,000 will receive the Middle America Scholarship to bring them up to the equivalent of the full Federal Pell Grant amount each year when combined with the Liberty Champion scholarship.
- Up to $5,345
The Middle America Scholarship is stackable with other Liberty aid, except DGIA, CE, and any athletic scholarships, up to the General Scholarship Rule.
- Verified FAFSA with an EFC between 1 and 18,000
- New resident undergraduate student
- Enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program
- U.S. citizen or federally eligible non-citizen
- Complete Financial Check-In no later than May 31 each year for Fall semester and December 15 for Spring semester for new students only
- The Fall 2020 FCI deadline for MAS awardees has been extended to August 14, 2020
Program criteria and amounts are evaluated each year and subject to change.
*A student must have attempted 12 or fewer credit hours through Liberty to be considered a “new student” for eligibility purposes.