Flexible Tuition Payment Plans When You Need Them with Liberty University Online Programs
To help ease the burden of paying for college, we offer you the option of a monthly payment plan to pay any remaining balance on your student account.
Take a look at the monthly payment plans below to find which applies to you. You can review all of the terms and conditions in your Financial Check-In contract.
Here are the details:
- In Financial Check-In (FCI), you will have the option to select a payment plan.
- There will be a one-time $50 payment plan participation fee per semester.
- Our payment plans are interest-free.
- Monthly payments are automatically drafted from the bank account or credit/debit card that you provide in FCI.
Please Note: You may not be able to register for future semesters until a payment plan has been paid in full and that you also may not be able to access your transcripts while in a payment plan.
Monthly Payment Plans for Online Students
Spring Payment Plans
Spring Payment Plan Options
Your account needs to be paid in full by the end of February because this is when registration opens for the next term. This means that the earlier you start your payments, the smaller each monthly payment will be.
September: Option of 1-5 Monthly Payments
October: Option of 1-5 Monthly Payments
November: Option of 1-4 Monthly Payments
December: Option of 1-3 Monthly Payments
January: Option of 1-2 Monthly Payments
February: 1 Payment in Full
Summer Payment Plan Options
Your account needs to be paid in full by the end of June because this is when registration opens for the next term. This means that the earlier you start your payments, the smaller each monthly payment will be.
February: Option of 1-3 Monthly Payments
March: Option of 1-3 Monthly Payments
April: Option of 1-2 Monthly Payments
May: 1 Payment in Full
June: 1 Payment in Full
Fall Payment Plan Options
Your account needs to be paid in full by the end of October because this is when registration opens for the next term. This means that the earlier you start your payments, the smaller each monthly payment will be.
May: Option of 1-5 Monthly Payments
June: Option of 1-5 Monthly Payments
July: Option of 1-4 Monthly Payments
August: Option of 1-3 Monthly Payments
September: Option of 1-2 Monthly Payments
October: 1 Payment in Full
Adjustments & Updates to Your Payment Plan
You can make changes to your account in the Financial Check-In portal. We suggest that you check your account five days before your automatic draft to ensure that the correct amount is being processed from your account and your account information is completely up-to-date.
Directions for Making an Update to Your Payment Plan
- Log in to the Financial Check-In portal
- Select the appropriate term
- Select the Payment Plan Selection tab to view your payments for any possible adjustments needed and then click on Accept & Continue
- On the Address Verification page, verify your address and then click on Save & Continue
- Check the “*I Agree to the Terms and Conditions above” box on the Check-In Contract page and then click on Save & Continue
- Select either use current account information or change your payment account information.
- Click Save to then update your payment plan and re-complete Financial Check-In.
- The updated automated drafts will be displayed on your new Check-In Receipt.
Liberty University Online Programs Payment Plans
If one or more of your automated drafts fail, you and the account holder are both responsible for the returned or declined payment.
You will be notified through your LU email and by phone if you have a returned/declined payment. It is your responsibility to forward this message to any other financially responsible party, if applicable. You can make a payment to make up for the returned/declined payment(s).
Consequences of Returned/Declined Payments
- $35 failed payment processing fee per returned/declined payment (non-refundable)
- In the case of three or more returned/declined payment plan installments:
- You may no longer be eligible to enroll in payment plans.
- 100% of the balance will be required by the Financial Check-In deadline for all future semesters enrolled.
- You may not be able to make online payments via automated checking.
- Cash, money order, or credit card payments must be made with Cashiering & Treasury Services.
- If you do not respond to returned/declined payment notifications, you may be removed from Financial Check-In and all upcoming courses.