Financial Check-In (FCI)- Online Military Payment Plan
Liberty University offers a military payment option for online students utilizing benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill®* (Active Duty-Ch.30 and Selected Reserves-Ch.1606), and Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Ch.35). This payment plan helps limit the up-front financial burden of paying out-of-pocket when completing Financial Check-In while allowing additional time for you to receive your benefit payments from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Residential military students may qualify for other arrangements. Please visit the military Financial Check-In Guide for more information.
Military Payment Plan Qualifications
To receive the military payment plan option in Financial Check-In, you must:
- Be enrolled in an online degree program
- Be using Chapter 30, 1606, or 35 GI Bill benefits
- Submit VA Documentation regarding your benefit to the Office of Military Affairs
Once the Office of Military Affairs receives and processes the qualifying VA paperwork, eligible students will be notified by email and will be given the military payment option in Financial Check-In once they are enrolled in courses.
- The military payment agreement completed through Financial Check-In is a binding contract. Payment will be drafted on the date(s) specified in the plan regardless of whether or not payment has been issued to the student from the Veterans Affairs Administration. If you do not receive a payment from the VA as expected and need adjustments made to your draft amounts, you may contact our office to discuss your options.
- The VA will pay the school directly for tuition and fees for those students using the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Ch.33) and Veteran Readiness and Employment Service (Ch.31). The military payment option is not offered for veterans under these benefit chapters.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.