LUO Technology Fee Waiver for Active Military
Online students who are on Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard status, may be eligible to have the $199 technology fee waived upon submission of qualifying documentation verifying their military status.
Eligibility and Important Policies
- Current members of the U.S. Armed Forces, including those on Active Duty, in the Reserve, or in the National Guard, qualify for this benefit upon submission of qualifying documentation. Basic training must be completed.
- Eligibility will be re-reviewed upon entry to a new program due to broken enrollment, changing degree levels, or acceptance to a new program.
- Students who are discharged/retired, military spouses, DoD employees, or are a part of the Virginia Defense Force (or another state’s equivalent) will not be eligible for the waiver.
- This benefit is available to eligible students in all online undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level programs.
- The waiver is only awarded once acceptable documentation is received and reviewed by the Office of Military Affairs. Benefits are not awarded retroactively.
- Students enrolled in Willmington School of the Bible do not qualify for this benefit.
- Students who do not qualify for the waiver may have the technology fee covered by their Post-9/11 GI Bill® or Veteran Readiness and Employment benefits, if eligible.
- Should you feel your situation warrants an appeal, you may email LUOMilitary@liberty.edu.
How to Apply
In order to have the $199 technology fee waived, you must submit documentation to the Office of Military Affairs verifying your status as a current military service member. If you believe you may qualify for this benefit, please review the LUO Military Benefits Guide to submit your documentation.
Once approved for this benefit, the waiver will be automatically applied to your account within 3-5 business days of enrollment in course(s). You may verify the waiver has been applied by viewing your Summary of Account through ASIST and when you complete Financial Check-In each semester.
Questions? Please contact a Military Benefits Representative for assistance.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.