Types of Requests
Residential faculty can request the following items through Interlibrary Loan (ILL):
- Materials from our collections that you wish to be delivered to your campus office/department
- Books, book chapters, journal articles, and other materials not available at the Jerry Falwell Library
- Items from the Center for Research Libraries
Online faculty should visit the Online Students, Faculty, & Staff page for information regarding their ILL options.
Making a Request
- The Get it at Liberty link shown below is found within databases and connects to the ILL account platform, ILLiad.
- Once you are logged into ILLiad, choose the request form, and click submit.
- Before submitting an article request through ILLiad, search Journals by Name to see if there is immediate full-text access online.
- When requesting an item without a database link, you will need to log in to ILLiad.
- Fill out the request form and click submit.
- While there are checkout limits for materials requested from our collections, there are no limits to ILL requests for items obtained from other libraries.
- Materials from our collections can be renewed through your Jerry Falwell Library account.
- Materials from other libraries are subject to approval by the lending library. To request a renewal, email email@example.com or call 434-582-2442 prior to the due date printed on the front label.
If you find that you need to cancel a request, log into your ILLiad account and follow these steps:
- Under the View menu on the left, select Outstanding Requests.
- Click on the Transaction Number of the request.
- Click Cancel Request at the top of the page.
- Articles will be delivered electronically via your ILLiad account. You will receive an email notifying you when they are available.
- Returnable materials (e.g., books and DVDs) will be checked out to your account and delivered to you unless otherwise requested. If office location information is inaccurate or unknown, returnable materials will be placed at JFL’s Customer Service Center for you to pick up.
- Offices near JFL: Items will be delivered by an ILL staff person to your office/department.
- Other campus locations (e.g., Green Hall, LUCOM, etc.): Items will be sent via intercampus mail.
- Materials requested from our collections will typically be delivered to you within two business days.
- Depending on the format, location, and availability of items borrowed from other libraries, delivery could range from three days to three weeks.
- Incomplete or inaccurate requests which require more research may be delayed.
Questions? Contact the Interlibrary Loan Office at 434-582-2442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.