Named for Liberty University’s founder Jerry Falwell Sr., the Jerry Falwell Library opened in January 2014 and serves all Liberty University students, faculty, and staff as well as the surrounding community. There are several opportunities to support the mission of the Jerry Falwell Library.
There are several remaining opportunities to have a space in the Jerry Falwell Library named in your honor.
Library General Fund
Your support of the Jerry Falwell Library general fund will help the library pursue new initiatives to better support academics at Liberty.
We are eagerly seeking donations of relevant materials for the Archives and Special Collections and the Jerry Falwell Museum. We are interested in a wide variety of materials with an emphasis on items related to the university, Jerry Falwell Sr., and his ministries.
- Jerry Falwell Sr. and the Falwell Family
- Liberty University (e.g., academics, events, sports, etc.)
- Thomas Road Baptist Church
- Liberty Christian Academy
- Moral Majority
- Old-Time Gospel Hour
- Falwell Ministries (e.g., Liberty Godparent Home, Hope Aglow, etc.)
We collect many different types of materials including printed items and memorabilia.
In particular, we are currently seeking Selah Yearbooks from these years:
If you have items to donate, please email email@example.com or call 434-592-6230 prior to sending items so that we can determine how to best direct your donation. Additionally, we request that you complete a donation form so that we can provide you with an acknowledgment of your donation and instructions on the best way to send the materials to us.
Books and other physical materials are gratefully accepted by the library with the following frameworks:
- No conditions may be attached to their disposition and only those materials which prove to be in good physical condition and which conform to the collection goals, guidelines, and policies are added to the collection.
- The Collection Management Department acknowledges all donations. However, the appraisal of gifts for tax purposes is the responsibility of the donor. In general, the library conforms to the “Statement of Appraisal of Gifts” developed by the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Book donors are asked to complete a release form.