InterLibrary Loan – Faculty
The Jerry Falwell Library (JFL) offers the opportunity for Liberty University's faculty to request any item (from our collection or through InterLibrary Loan) and have it delivered to their department.
Once you submit a request using the InterLibrary Loan System, one of the following will happen:
- Returnable materials owned by JFL (e.g. books and DVDs) will be checked out to your library account and delivered. Main campus- Delivered by an ILL staff person to your office/dept. Other campuses (e.g. Green Hall, LUCOM, 701 Thomas Rd.) – items will be sent via intercampus mail. Online Distance- items will be shipped to you via FedEx or UPS.
- Returnable items not owned by JFL will be ordered for residential faculty through InterLibrary Loan (ILL) and delivered as per ways mentioned above. We do not ship returnable items from other libraries to our online distance faculty members, but rather encourage them to visit a local library to request these materials.
- Articles in print journals owned by JFL will be scanned and delivered electronically via your ILLiad account.
- Articles not owned by JFL will be ordered for faculty from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan and delivered to you electronically via your ILLiad account when received.
- For Liberty University-owned books, there is a limit of 50 checked out items at any one time (including delivered and picked up).
- For articles and materials obtained through InterLibrary Loan, there is no limit.
Materials Owned by Liberty University
Typically these items should be delivered to residential faculty within 2 business days.
Materials Not Owned by Liberty University
Depending on the format, location and availability of items, delivery of ILL-requested materials could range from three days to three weeks.
Fees for Service
We strive to obtain materials for free. But, occasionally there may be a fee charged by a lending library when obtaining items through InterLibrary Loan. Notification of all fees will be sent via email and items will not be ordered until permission has been received from the faculty member to proceed. Fees may be paid for personally or through your department.