Liberty Students for Life
CLUB MISSION STATEMENT
We strive to prevent abortion at Liberty University and to promote a culture on campus that supports life and alleviates any social or structural barriers that pregnant and parenting students may encounter.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A CLUB MEMBER
We’re so glad that you’re interested in joining the pro-life movement on campus! Follow us on Instagram as well for exclusive updates and event recaps at @libertysfla!!
Every pro-life activist has their own strengths, weaknesses, and special interests. By creating teams within our club, we’ve made it possible for you to invest specifically in your own areas of interest (or all of them)! Check out our teams below for descriptions and how to get involved!
- Sidewalk Advocacy: Join us as a peaceful, prayerful presence outside of Planned Parenthood Roanoke every Saturday morning! We are there to minister to the women and show them that we care for them, we are praying for them, and that we can provide them with resources to help them choose life instead of abortion.
- Supportive Services: As a club, one of greatest goals is to alleviate any anxieties that we can for pregnant and parenting students. We want to make Liberty University to be a place that loves and welcomes pregnant and parenting students on campus! While we cannot legally offer childcare services, we proudly connect parenting students with club members to babysit during the parents’ classes, exams, study sessions, and more.
- Political Action: Though Students for Life is not in itself a political club, we acknowledge that working through public policy is one of the most effective ways to reduce the number of abortions. We work with Students for Life Action and Susan B. Anthony List to encourage voters to consider the effect of their votes on the abortion industry and to vote pro-life first! We take action by contacting voters via phone calls and door-knocking.
- Tabling: Through tabling on campus, we educate students about the prevalence of abortion, share opportunities for community outreach, and recruit students to join the pro-life movement on campus! This is a great opportunity for those who enjoy educating and sharing others.
- Our Sidewalk Advocacy team has brought hundreds of students to advocate for women and reborn children at Planned Parenthood Roanoke.
- We have connected parenting students with thousands of hours of free babysitting services.
- Our club leadership coordinates the annual trip to the March for Life in Washington, D.C. for thousands of students.
- Our students have made contact with tens of thousands of voters to encourage them to vote pro-life first.
- Our team coordinates trips that allow hundreds of students to attend rallies and protests in Washington D.C., outside of the March for Life, regarding crucial pro-life legislation.
- We work through SGA in an effort to make Liberty University a better place for pregnant and parenting students. This has included amending the on-campus living guide to allow pregnant students stay in the dorms, having accessible lactation pods placed around campus, connecting pregnant students with special parking passes, and more.
ADDITIONAL CLUB INFORMATION
If you or someone that you know may be pregnant, please reach out to us! We would love to offer you safe and confidential help and resources, and connect you with the Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center. You are not alone in this, and we want to walk through this journey with you!
For more information about joining the club, email email@example.com