Towing & Immobilization of Vehicles
Avoiding Ticketing or Towing Fees
- Update your state registration
- Display your decal and park in your permitted Lot
- Keep your vehicle info updated with the Front Desk of LUPD
- Keep out of any spaces/lots that say Reserved – the sign means reserved at all times
- Don’t park where it says No Parking
- Stay off the curbs, it doesn’t matter if others are parked there too
- Keep out of handicapped spaces if you do not have a state issued HC placard
- Don’t park on the lawn, sidewalks, or crosswalks
- Do not, under any circumstance, move a cone
- If you aren’t between two white lines, expect a visit from Beeline
Liberty University reserves the right to tow any vehicle when an emergency arises. This right includes entering a locked vehicle to accomplish this action. All towed vehicles are transported to Bee Line Towing Company. 155 Airpark Drive, Lynchburg, VA (434) 239-5386.
Habitual Violators and Banned Vehicle
Any student or employee that accumulates 5 or more parking infractions of a 12 month period or displays a pattern of deliberate indifference to the parking rules will be considered a habitual violator and will subsequently have their vehicle banned from campus. Parking or operating a vehicle on campus after the vehicle has been banned will result in a $500 fine, per occurrence, and the vehicle may be impounded or towed.
After 30 days, any vehicle will be disposed of at the discretion of the University, through LUPD.
To appeal a citation, please submit an appeal using the button to right. All appeals must be submitted within 7 days of receiving the ticket. Citation fine(s) are placed on the Student Account. All citation fines may be paid by recompleting Financial Check-in or by mailing a check made out to Liberty University Police department.
- All appeals will be decided according to the bylaws of the Student Court.
- All communications between the Court and parties to the appeal will be by Liberty email.
- Appeals are heard in person at the discretion of the Court. Parties to appeals which the Court elects to hear will be contacted at least 5 days prior the scheduled hearing.
- Failure to respond to communications from the Student Court within 48 hours, and/or failure to appear at a scheduled hearing, may result in dismissal of the appeal.
Appeals of citations issued by LUPD for alleged moving/parking violations may go to the appeal process within one week of the date of issue. With exception of false/fake, repetitive or appeals subjected to ongoing investigations, all appeals are decided by the LU Student Court.
The towing appeal process is as follows:
To appeal a towing fee, please submit an appeal using the button below. All appeals must be submitted within 30 days of being towed.
LUPD reserves the right to deny an individual’s appeal or end the process should an individual exhibit disrespectful or belligerent behavior.