Parking Decal & Temporary Pass Basics
Liberty University Police Department (LUPD) will enforce traffic and parking regulations on the property of Liberty University, Thomas Road Baptist Church (TRBC), Liberty Christian Academy (LCA), the Early Learning Center (ELC), as well as any auxiliary locations owned by the university system.
All employees, students, and visitors bringing a vehicle on campus must register their vehicle. This registration sets forth certain responsibilities of all employees and students concerning the operation of a vehicle on campus. Ignorance of the regulations does not exempt an individual from the penalties of these regulations.
- Students: You can pay for your parking decal on your student account during Financial Check-In.
- Faculty/Staff: The price of your parking decal will automatically be deducted from your payroll.
Any motor vehicle (including motorcycles, motorbikes, and mopeds) or bicycle operated or parked on property owned or controlled by Liberty University must display a valid Liberty University parking decal or temporary parking pass.
Failure to do so can result in towing and/or other administrative actions.
- Single Vehicle – Place the decal on the rear window, in the bottom-left corner
- Multiple Vehicles – You will receive a hangtag to swap between vehicles
- Convertible – You will receive a hangtag
- Motorcycle – Place the permit on the front “fork area” of the vehicle
- Bicycle – Place the permit in a visible location
It is the vehicle owners/operators responsibility to ensure that their parking permit is fully visible at all times.
- Decal Enforcement is Monday-Friday, 4 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Reserved spaces and lots are reserved at all times.
- Present parking space signage must be obeyed at all times- reserved, visitor, handicap, purple heart, customer and electric vehicle spaces.
- You must be parked within a parking space, between two white lines.
- Check parking lot signs to ensure vehicle is parked in an area/lot permitted for parking decal or temporary pass.
- Lack of a convenient parking space is no excuse for violation of any parking regulation. The same rules pertain to motorcycles, mopeds, scooters and bicycles.
- Move-In Days
- Move Out Days
- CFAW Weekends
- Family Weekend
- Home Game Days
- Homecoming Weekend
- Special events
Expect to see heavier traffic at certain points throughout the school year or lot closures for University events. Please keep in mind that LUPD Officers work hard to maintain an orderly system during these times. Obtaining a parking permit does not guarantee a convenient parking pass.
RV and Camper Parking on Campus
No vehicles, including recreational vehicles, campers, and similar vehicles, shall be parked and occupied overnight on Liberty University properties.
This prohibition is necessitated due to the potential for civil liability and the lack of electrical and/or plumbing hookups for such vehicles.
Anyone violating this policy may be charged with trespassing and banned from Liberty University properties as they will be in violation of Lynchburg City Code section 25–257 which provides: No person shall stand or park a vehicle on any private property or lot area without the express or implied consent of the owner thereof.
The University assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to private property.
Regulations are subject to change without notice. In such cases, these changes will be posted on the Liberty University Police Department’s website. Notifications of these changes will also be posted on Official Announcements in myLU.