Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
Make an Impact on Children’s Lives by Earning a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with Liberty University!
Are you looking for better tools to help your students learn and engage in the classroom? Whether you are pursuing advanced training to further your current career or you want to transition to a teaching role in a different specialty, Liberty’s online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program will give you the advanced theory and practical skills you need.
At Liberty University, we believe in our students. That’s why we work hard to develop reasonably priced and academically rigorous programs that produce educators and school leaders who model high academic, moral, and spiritual standards before their peers. And it’s why our 100% online M.Ed. degrees are now specially priced at just $415 per credit hour for full-time students.
As in every graduate program offered by Liberty University’s School of Education, you’ll be taught by professors who teach from a biblical worldview and who strive to encourage their students. Your M.Ed. from Liberty University will equip you to reach new professional heights and shape a better world by championing what matters to you. And that’s what matters to us.
What Will You Learn in Your Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction?
- Useful educational research and assessment skills
- The foundations of exceptionality
- Educational leadership and supervision skills
- The foundational principles of education and how to apply them
- Educational methods and interventions as well as how to apply them to real-world situations
Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). This demonstrates Liberty’s high standard of excellence in educator preparation as well as our dedication to continuous improvement.
Potential Career Opportunities with an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- Curriculum specialist
- Educational consultant
- Instructional coordinator
Benefits of Our Online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online M.Ed. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction in less than 2 years!
Military Benefits for Graduate Students
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction Specializations
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Technology and Online Instruction
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – English
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – General Education (current page)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – History
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Middle Grades
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Urban Education
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Oct 25, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.