M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction – Urban Education
Meeting the Needs of Students in Urban Settings Begins with a Master of Education in Urban Education
Did you know that 80% of Americans live in urban communities? Liberty University’s School of Education has designed the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Urban Education to help teachers meet the needs of the diverse bodies of students found in urban settings.
Through this urban education program, you will gain special training in relational skills and learn how to help students who have experienced trauma or are going through a crisis. Life in big cities can often be difficult for K-12 students. Having teachers who know how to meet their personal as well as their academic needs can often make all the difference.
Learn how to successfully teach diverse groups of students. Every student learns differently, and teachers who are trained in dynamic instructional practices for K-12 classrooms are best equipped to help them. That could be you — this degree in urban education is designed to help you meet the social, emotional, and academic needs of your students.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Urban Education Degree?
- The connection between urban schools and their communities.
- Current research on urban education and social issues impacting urban communities.
- Research on a variety of topics related to urban education, classroom diversity, trauma, advocacy, and communication skills.
- Skills in identifying individual student needs and learning styles.
Gain insight into the realities and challenges of teaching in an urban community. Learn about the scope of diversity in K-12 classrooms and develop strategies for working with students and families who may have been impacted by trauma.
This program can help you prepare yourself for a fulfilling educational career in a variety of urban areas. In addition, you will examine educational issues in urban communities and learn strategies for developing partnerships between the home, school, and community.
Career Opportunities for Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Urban Education Graduates
- Curriculum specialist
- Community organizer
- Education policymaker
- K-12 urban education director
- K-12 Teacher
Highlights of Our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Urban Education Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time students, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You can complete this master’s in urban education degree program in as little as 1.5 years.
- You might also be interested in a Master of Arts in Teaching or a Master of Education in Higher Education.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.