Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Residential Graduate Degree in Nursing
As the landscape of advanced practice nursing changes, Liberty University is poised to help you take advantage of new opportunities with its Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).
Through this program, you will learn to translate evidence-based research into practice to improve patient safety and quality of care. You will also develop the skills needed to lead inter-professional teams, driving innovations to improve healthcare, systems, and policies.
With a DNP degree from Liberty University, you will become prepared for a rewarding career in nursing with a Christian worldview.
Courses You Could Take
- Advanced Physiology & Pathophysiology (NURS 711)
- Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse Practitioners (NURS 712)
- Nursing Seminar: Issues in Global Health (NURS 742)
- Healthcare Operations & Financial Management (NURS 834)
Academics: Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Doctor of Nursing Practice Policy
- DNP Policy: Progression, Retention, Dismissal
Cognates For Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) (Post-MSN to DNP Pathway) – Online
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Family Nurse Practitioner (Post-BSN to DNP/FNP Pathway) – Residential & Online
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Post BSN) – Online
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Post MSN) – Online
Get Started with a DNP Degree
Already Have a Degree in Nursing?
Post-MSN to DNP
The Post-Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) to DNP pathway enrolls nurse leaders, nurse practitioners, and clinical nurse specialists. Courses in this pathway are offered in an online cohort model with some required residency and practicums. Practicum hours may be available in your area if approved through your state approval process.
Post-BSN to DNP/FNP
The Post-Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) to DNP pathway incorporates additional clinical training so that students who complete the program are eligible to take a national certification examination as a family nurse practitioner. The Post-BSN to DNP is offered in a residential format with online courses and practicums. This program is available only in residence at our campus in Lynchburg, Va.
The Certification boards for Family Nurse Practitioners are:
Learn More About Liberty’s Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate nursing science, research, theory, and scholarship into advanced practice nursing.
- Design effective healthcare environments to improve quality, cost-effectiveness, and outcomes.
- Apply evidence and clinical scholarship to support clinical/systems decision making, policy, and advocacy
- Utilize information systems and technology to support decision making and improve outcomes.
- Extend knowledge of clinical prevention, population health, and policy through the application of evidence and collaboration with stakeholders and professionals.
- Apply evidence-based advanced clinical decision making and culturally competent care to individuals, families, and populations.
- Integrate the Christian worldview into the delivery of care of diverse populations.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Liberty University School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Liberty University.