M.A. in Music & Worship – Conducting
Residential Music & Worship – Conducting Program
Sharpen your conducting skills while preparing for future worship ministry with a Music & Worship (M.A.): Conducting degree from Liberty University. Learn the art of conducting with an emphasis on congregational worship, and study worship principles and techniques for leadership.
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in the music industry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall.
This degree offers three options for a capstone research project:
- Music and Worship Ministry Project (WMUS 687): practical application of worship ministry training
- Worship Lecture Recital (WMUS 691): an opportunity for expression of performance skills plus research
- Thesis (WMUS 692): for students with research as a primary interest who may also be considering doctoral work
Academics: Music & Worship (M.A.) – Conducting
42 credit hours
Program of Study
Featured Conducting Courses
- Ensemble Pedagogy (MUSC 560)
- Graduate Conducting for the Worship Leader (WMUS 515)
- Advanced Contemporary Arranging Techniques for Worship (WMUS 525)
- Principles of Music and Worship Pedagogy (WMUS 670)
Career Opportunities: Music & Worship – Conducting Graduates
- Music Minister
- Worship Leader
- Contemporary Artist
- Music and Worship Teacher
- Program Director for Concert Ministry
- Pursue Doctor of Worship Studies