M.A. in Music & Worship – Commercial Music Performance
Residential Music & Worship: Commercial Music Performance M.A.
Equip yourself to excel in worship performance with a Music & Worship (M.A.): Commercial Music Performance from Liberty University. Grow in your worship ministry and leadership skills, while improving your primary instrument or vocal expertise through classes, research, and ensemble participation. Learn the principles of worship, musicianship, and worship technology, as you prepare for future ministry.
Study under experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music, as well as decades of real-world experience in the music industry.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall.
This degree offers three options for a capstone research project:
- Music and Worship Ministry Project (WMUS 687): practical application of worship ministry training
- Worship Lecture Recital (WMUS 691): an opportunity for expression of performance skills plus research
- Thesis (WMUS 692): for students with research as a primary interest who may also be considering doctoral work
Academic Information for the Commercial Music Performance Concentration
42 credit hours
Program of Study
Commercial Music Performance Courses You Could Take
- Graduate Ensemble (MUSC 589)
- Graduate Conducting for the Worship Leader (WMUS 515)
- Advanced Contemporary Arranging Techniques for Worship (WMUS 525)
- Principles of Music and Worship Pedagogy (WMUS 670)
Enhance Your Career in Music
Career Opportunities for the M.A. in Commercial Music Performance
- Music Minister
- Worship Leader
- Contemporary Artist
- Music and Worship Teacher
- Program Director for Concert Ministry
- Pursue Doctor of Worship Studies