How to Pay at LU
The Payment Services (PS) office at Liberty University is responsible for payment of invoices related to all aspects of University operations, with the exception of Payroll. PS works extensively with both Procurement and end-users to ensure payments are made in a timely manner, but not before (1) confirmation of receipt of goods, (2) completion of services, and/or (3) necessary approvals are obtained. PS works closely with tax and accounting in assisting with reporting and reconciliation.
Payment Services strives to provide prompt, courteous system and operational support while maintaining University policies and procedures in accordance to local, state, and federal regulations.
For the most current updates, please visit our Announcements page.
Liberty University ePayables Form
Liberty University – EIN
PS Rush Payment Deadline
Submitted by 10:30am or processed next day
- Verbally confirm the banking details with the vendor in the following instances. If further clarification is needed, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New vendor or first-time wire/ACH
- Existing vendor, infrequent wire/ACH (to confirm information has not changed)
- Banking information has changed
- Discrepancies have been discovered in banking details
- Any time there is concern of fraud
- View the wire addendum for further guidance
- Provide PS with all appropriate documentation (W-9/W-8, invoice, bank info, etc.) by emailing email@example.com (if not already provided in BuyLU)
- An PS processor will reach out to verify wiring information with requestor
- Once all information is verified, the payment is invoiced in BuyLU and sent to accounting
Note: Bank has cutoff times for wire payments. Late afternoon requests may not be able to be processed until the next day.
Vendors Payment Methods & Terms
- Request the vendor to fill out this ePayable form (note: form is not needed for vendors who prefer checks. Check is the default payment method)
- Payment method options
- Virtual card, Net 10 days
- ACH, 1% 20, Net 40
- ACH, Net 40
- Check, Net 45 days (default method)
- Payment method options
- Send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An PS analyst will send an email to FIS global (our bank’s third party) to initiate the enrollment process by reaching out to the vendor directly. The vendor is notified to look out for correspondence from FIS.
*Note: payment terms may vary per contract terms especially for individual payments
Credit Application Process
- Forward the credit application to email@example.com
- Once received, PS will forward it back once it is approved and signed.
Payments to individuals
Non-PO check request
A Non-PO Check Request is required when an organizational unit makes a commitment, except for P-Card purchases, prior to Procurement issuing a purchase order. This includes authorizing a supplier to begin work prior to the vendor receiving the PO or obtaining goods/services and subsequently submitting the invoice for payment. This is a policy violation and requires an explanation of why a PO was not obtained in advance. Requisitions for items/services already purchased/received are strongly monitored to ensure the payment process for such exceptions to normal procedures are acceptable. Procurement & Payment Services work to ensure the necessary information is provided. An invoice is required for payment processing. Additional information/comments might be requested to ensure all adequate documentation is provided to ensure payment accuracy.
Gifts and Incentives
- For awarding Gifts and Incentives – click here for more information (https://www.liberty.edu/finance-admin/accounting/gifts-and-incentives/)
- IRS Requirement (Potential tax income)
- Please send the incentive/gift reporting form to firstname.lastname@example.org in a timely manner
Frequently Asked Questions
For our FAQs, please visit our FAQ page below.