BS in Aviation Maintenance: Unmanned Aerial Systems
Prepare to become a leader in the rapidly growing Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) industry. With the Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance: Unmanned Aerial Systems, you will receive the technical training and leadership skills to support UAS operations around the world. In this program, you will earn your FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificates as well as your UAS crew chief certification through a training partnership with Textron Systems.
As students pursue the UAS degree, we strive to create graduates with technical competence and prepare men and women of character.
- Create graduates with technical competence: Through a combination of both classroom and flight training, you will acquire the following certificates and ratings during your degree program: FAA Airplane Pilot ratings for Private and Instrument; FAR Part 107 certification; medium UAS certification.
- Prepare men and women of character: The purpose of the UAS degree program is to prepare you to impact the UAS industry with world class knowledge, skills, and abilities. As an aviation professional, you will possess sound judgment and strong Christian character.
123 credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Courses You Could Take
- UAS Avionics and Powerplants (AVIA 323)
- Medium UAS Maintenance (AVMX 445)
- Principles of Troubleshooting (AVMX 418)
- FAA Part 141 Flight Instruction
- Financial Aid Available
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® & Yellow Ribbon Available
- Regional Airline Hiring Agreements
- Restricted “Reduced-Hour” Airline Transport Pilot Program
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Start Your Career in Aviation
Costs & Financial Aid
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.