Master of Divinity (M.Div.) in Discipleship Ministries
Take Your Ministry to the Next Level with Our Online Master of Divinity in Discipleship Ministries
Discipleship is vital to a healthy church, and Liberty University’s Master of Divinity in Discipleship Ministries degree will better equip you to lead the discipleship process within your own church. Earning your master’s of divinity degree in discipleship ministries will give you a practical understanding of biblical discipleship within the church and help you facilitate discipleship with family, small group, and church settings. Liberty’s M.Div. in Discipleship Ministries provides the education you need to lead your church in fulfilling the Great Commission’s command to go and make disciples.
Liberty University’s online Master of Divinity in Discipleship & Church Ministry program is designed for students who are passionate about seeing others grow in their faith through personal discipleship and ministry opportunities. Students explore global studies, the Old and New Testaments, systematic theology, sermon preparation, and more. Courses specific to the discipleship & church ministry specialization include: Family Discipleship, Small Group Ministries, Leading a Healthy, Growing, Multiplying Church, Spiritual Factors of a Growing Church, and Church Administration.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity in Discipleship Ministries Degree?
As a pioneer of distance learning since 1985, Liberty University has worked hard to make our online master’s of divinity degrees flexible and affordable. 100% online with no set login times, our M.Div. courses are designed to fit into your schedule, so you don’t have to choose between continuing your education and your family or job.
In Liberty University’s master’s of divinity in discipleship ministries program, you will study subjects like:
- Principles of small group ministries
- Family discipleship
- Church administration
- Intercultural communication and engagement
Our professors have real-world experience in the ministry and use this experience to teach you practical skills that will help you further your own ministry. They facilitate engaging online learning environments and work with you to make sure you understand the concepts covered in class. Liberty professors care about what God is doing in and through you as an individual, and they want to help you achieve your educational goals.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the M.Div. Online Degree
- Church planter
- Military chaplain
- Ministry worker
Highlights of Liberty’s Online M.Div. Program
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity has been accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree has been approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
- Your ministry matters – so when you take 9-15 credit hours per semester in your divinity program, you’ll pay a discounted block rate of $2,750. It’s our way of supporting all you do to serve others.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You’ll be able to complete all of your master’s of divinity courses in as little as 2 years.
Military Benefits for Students in Liberty’s Online Master of Divinity Program
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours!*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the M.Div. in Discipleship Ministries degree are charged at the part-time rate
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jan 16, 2023
ATS Commission on Accrediting
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.