Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) – Elementary Education (45 Hours)
M.A.T. in Elementary Education – 45 Hours
Your desire to impact peoples’ lives is what motivates you. And with the demand for teachers on the rise in the U.S., your passion can fill a much-needed role for tomorrow’s students. But students need more than just a teacher – they need a role model who inspires them to be the best version of themselves.
To prepare yourself for this incredible opportunity, you’ll want the proper training – that’s where we can help.
Liberty’s online 45-hour track Master of Arts in Teaching – Elementary Education program can provide you with the training and licensure requirements you need to teach in both public and private schools. With the extra flexibility of the 45-hour track, you can use your built-in electives to meet additional requirements for a second endorsement in middle, secondary, or special education.
Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). This standard of excellence means you can graduate from Liberty with an online graduate degree recognized and respected by colleges and employers across the nation. We also believe that earning your degree should be affordable, which is why our 100% online M.A.T. degrees are now specially priced at just $415 per credit hour for full-time students.
By earning your M.A.T. in Elementary Education from a nonprofit, Christian university, you will receive training that is not only academically excellent but grounded in biblical principles. We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. With content designed to put the focus on the value of children as individuals, Liberty’s biblical basis can help equip you to make the positive impact you want to see in education.
What Will You Learn in the M.A.T. in Elementary Education?
Throughout this program, you will study:
- Educational behavior and development
- Theories and methodologies of education
- Current trends in the education field
- Methods of teaching and classroom management
To prepare you for the teaching field, our courses focus on behavior and classroom management. As part of your online M.A.T. with Liberty, you will also have hands-on student teaching in a classroom near you so that you can apply teaching theory to real practice. Working under an experienced, licensed elementary school teacher, you will develop your teaching technique while meeting important state licensure requirements. With real-world classroom experience, you will also be more marketable as you go out into the teaching field.
Potential Careers for M.A.T. in Elementary Education – 45-hour Track Graduates
- Elementary education licensed teacher
- K-12 curriculum developer
- K-12 curriculum manager
- Teaching product developer
You may also choose to pursue a dual endorsement. By taking a few extra courses, you can graduate with licensure in elementary education and another endorsement area, such as middle grades, secondary education, or special education.
Highlights of the M.A.T. in Elementary Education
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online 45-credit hour M.A.T. in Elementary Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we offer a lower graduate tuition rate for our Master of Arts in Teaching programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time students, Liberty University’s M.A.T. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- Pursuing our online Master of Arts in Teaching may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
- You can achieve your state teaching licensure in as little as 2 years.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.