Master of Arts in Music Education
Pass on the Joy and Creativity of Music with an Online Master’s in Music Education Degree
Our online master’s degree in music education will prepare you to teach music in various settings, most specifically in higher education settings. You’ll have the opportunity to advance in your musical training while gaining foundational knowledge in educating the next generation of musicians. Individuals with a desire to share their love for music in an educational setting are needed to lead and mentor upcoming musicians who wish to continue that passion.
Upon completion of Liberty University’s online Master of Arts in Music Education degree, you can explore careers as a music instructor, teacher, or director. Our online master’s degree program is excellent if you are seeking to transition to a career in music education or advance your music studies with additional research and educational credentials.
What Will You Learn in our Master’s in Music Education Degree Program?
Liberty University’s M.A. in Music Education degree program is designed to help increase your understanding of music theory while strengthening your skills in education and the application of music. Our online master’s degree program will equip you with the practical skills and training you need in vocal practice, music technology, conducting, and cultural studies.
You will also learn throughout our Master of Arts in Music Education courses:
- Foundations of music education
- Analytical techniques
- Principles of music technology
- Contemporary arranging techniques
While this degree can be completed 100% online, you have the option to take on-campus intensive courses on Liberty’s beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. These intensive courses provide you with an avenue to meet leading professionals in the field, as well as enhance the quality of your educational journey through in-person interactions with professors and peers.
Our M.A. in Music Education allows you to remain an active contributor to the field of music as you study advanced music techniques and performance tools.
Potential Career Options for Online Music Degree Graduates
- Director of a music program
- Music instructor
- Music teacher
What Are the Benefits of an Online Master’s Degree in Music Education?
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Liberty University’s M.A. in Music Education was ranked on Intelligent.com’s list of Best Online Master’s in Music Education for 2020.
- When you pursue our online M.A. in Music Education, you will be studying in the seventh-largest music school in the nation.
- Our Master of Arts in Music Education is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), ensuring credibility and quality of curriculum.
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online music education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Master of Arts in Music Education program in as little as 1 and a half years.
- Towards the end of this degree, you will participate in a music education curriculum project, as well as a lecture performance recital, which will be foundational pieces for you to use toward doctoral research, as well as music publishing and lesson creation. This hands-on, practical exercise will help further your career and cultivate your leadership skills for serving as a valuable asset wherever your occupation takes you.
You may also be interested in exploring our master’s degrees in music and worship, education, or ethnomusicology.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Oct 24, 2022
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.