Are you interested in studying the human mind and discovering new ways to help people improve their quality of life through behavioral changes? Does the field of Family Advocacy interest you? Would you like to help families in their times of need?
Liberty University’s Online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling-Family Advocacy, Public Policy, and the Future program will fulfill your desires to advance your career options in these fields. Dive into subjects surrounding divorce and family issues in modern America as people ignore the traditional and Biblical definitions of marriage and choose to define it according to culture and what effects this can have on children and adolescents. While earning your Masters in Human Services, you will learn about the psychological effects of both divorce and remarriage on family units as well as the behavior problems in children that can be caused by an unstable home.
Through the James C. Dobson Center for Child Development, Marriage, and Family Studies, Liberty University is prepared to offer you a quality online education through flexible and affordable 8-week courses so that you can study on your schedule. You can continue your current involvement in your career, family, church, and community while completing your Masters in Human Services degree online. Our online program offers you the opportunity to learn in-demand skills from experienced professors who have real-world experience doing the very jobs that interest you. The lessons taught by your professors combined with cutting-edge technology will allow you to get the most out of your M.A. in Human Services Counseling – Family Advocacy, Public Policy, and the Future.
- Public Policy and Advocacy Strategies: Learn about public policy issues that are challenging some of America’s founding principles based on Christian beliefs.
- Divorce, Remarriage, and Blended Families: Explore the causes of divorce and the psychological consequences and challenges faced by both adults and children in the affected families. Evaluate the ethical concerns of these subjects through a Christian worldview.
- Child/Adolescent Development, Deviance, and Violence: Examine etiological elements surrounding the disruptive behavior patterns in children and adolescents.
- Research and Emerging Paradigms in Marriage and Family Studies: Discover how the term “family” has changed over the years through the effects of culture, media, and contemporary thought and what this means.
Learn about the changing definition of “Family” in today’s society and what effect that has on the individuals involved. As contemporary thought on marriage and family issues changes into something not defined by legal or biological status, the causes of separation and divorce are changing. You will learn how to apply your Christian beliefs to your practice as a counselor in these unique situations where the balance of psychology and theology can be challenging. By the time you graduate, you will know how to use the in-demand skills learned while earning your Masters in Human Services degree in future career and academic endeavors.
You may also be interested in exploring our master in Professional Counseling, Addictions Counseling or Marriage and Family Counseling.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as an Emergency Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.