Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy — RRT to BSRT
Advance Your Clinical Career with our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT) Degree Program
If you are a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and have an associate degree, your hard-earned RRT credential can give you 36 hours of transfer credit into our bachelor’s program. A bachelor’s degree in respiratory therapy will keep you up-to-date with current industry standards, as well as give you the skills and knowledge you need to pursue advanced career opportunities.
With Liberty’s BSRT program, you can enhance your professional skill set by developing stronger communication, problem-solving, research, and critical-thinking skills. You will also study leading methods for determining your patient’s needs, state-of-the-art modes of ventilation, cardiopulmonary interactions in health and illness, and various other industry advances — all of which will enable you to help your patients manage their condition and maximize their recovery.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT) from Liberty University, you’ll have the values, knowledge, and skills that will elevate your opportunities for promotion and increase your marketability. All of our courses are taught from a Christian worldview and can be completed 100% online. This means you can advance your career from the comfort of your own home or office.
Libert University’s B.S. in Respiratory Therapy online program holds provisional accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC). See Liberty’s accreditation page for more information.
What Will You Learn in Our Respiratory Therapy Bachelor’s Degree?
Here are some of the things you’ll learn throughout this program:
- How to evaluate clinical data to determine the appropriateness of prescribed respiratory care
- Keep on top of new therapies and practices
- Engage in professional activities that further the profession of respiratory therapy
- Research techniques used in respiratory therapy
- The importance of preserving your patients’ dignity while you ease their suffering
- Management and leadership techniques that increase your potential for leadership positions and influence
Upon completion of this degree, you will be able to:
- Differentiate practice idiosyncrasies and determine respiratory therapies leveraging evidence-based approaches associated with advanced practice.
- Develop a project or research proposal related to clinical practice, administration, or education associated with respiratory therapy.
- Critically appraise and interpret relevant medical and other authoritative literature related to advanced clinical practice, administration, education, and/or research associated with respiratory therapy,
- Integrate a biblical worldview within the healthcare environment.
Career Options for Respiratory Therapy Bachelor’s Degree Graduates
- Case manager
- Clinical specialist
- Disease manager
- Respiratory therapist
Benefits of Pursuing Your Respiratory Therapy Bachelor’s Degree with Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online RRT to BSRT degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks will be provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy in just 3 years.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Feb 7, 2022
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.