Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies
Grow in Your Faith with a B.S. in Religion — Biblical and Theological Studies Degree
Do you want to gain a deeper understanding of Bible passages, or feel unprepared to help share the Gospel message? Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies is an excellent degree to help you gain the ministry skills and biblical knowledge you need to guide, teach, and impart information to students, congregations, and ministry leaders.
Whether you are already in ministry and want more formal training, or you want to prepare yourself to enter ministry for the first time, Liberty’s online B.S. in Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies can help teach you how to better read, interpret, and apply the Bible in your personal life and your ministry.
As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985 and a Christian university recognized for its academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, Liberty combines academic excellence with a biblical worldview. We fulfill our mission to Train Champions for Christ by training ministry professionals to share the Gospel and make an impact for Christ. Whether you want to take your career worldwide or serve in your local church, you can be confident that our B.S. in Religion degree can equip you with the necessary in-demand skills to set you up for success.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s of Religion — Biblical and Theological Studies Degree?
- In-demand skills in ministry so that you can be a help to your local church and community
- Scripture to enhance your spiritual growth and lead others in their spiritual growth
- The history of the Christian church
- Theological interpretation of Scripture so that you can help others engage with the Bible
Liberty’s flexible and affordable B.S. in Religion degree can equip you with the valuable knowledge you need to be effective in ministry. Our online religion classes are designed to equip you with a solid foundation in crucial aspects of ministry. You will learn from Christian professors with years of experience in ministry settings who will help you transform the lives of others as you grow in your relationship with Christ. You may also be interested in exploring our bachelor’s degrees in Christian leadership and management or biblical and educational studies.
What Can I Do with a Biblical Studies Degree?
- Local church
- Local ministries
- Religious communities
Our B.S. in Biblical and Theological Studies Program Highlights
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online religion degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue our online Bachelor of Science in Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies.
- You can complete our online B.S. in Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies program in less than 4 years.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Feb 13, 2023
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.