Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
Get Your RN-BSN in as Little as 12 Months for $330 Per Credit Hour, Both Full- And Part-Time!
As a registered nurse, you already have an incredible impact on the lives of your patients and their families. Nurses form the backbone of support for hospitals, clinics, and other clinical health service organizations by ministering to people when they are at their most vulnerable.
And as the push for BSN-educated nurses continues in hospitals across the country, Liberty University’s 100% online RN-to-BSN program can help you get your bachelor’s degree in nursing while remaining active in your job, with your family, and in your community — without the worry of taking courses on campus.
- Earning your BSN will give you the skills and knowledge you need to help improve patient outcomes and meet the growing need for nurses who are trained to shape the future of healthcare.
- If you want to go further faster, our RN-BSN-MSN program allows you to earn both your BSN and MSN degrees in as little as 24 months. Streamlining these programs means less coursework and overall savings for you.
- As a licensed RN, you can transfer in at least 39 hours toward your degree program.
- Liberty’s academically excellent, flexible, and affordable RN-to-BSN programs make it possible for busy nursing professionals like you to earn your degree while staying connected to your family, community, and career. Your nursing degree from Liberty University will equip you to reach new professional heights and shape a better world by championing what matters to you. And that’s what matters to us.
At this time, our School of Nursing programs are limited in certain states. Please view the licensure/certification requirements for your state: https://www.liberty.edu/statelicensure/. International students can contact the School of Nursing for questions about admission to their specific degree of interest.
What Will You Learn in the RN to BSN Degree Online Program?
- The skills and competencies you need to further excel in nursing practice.
- Critical thinking and management skills to help build better healthcare systems.
- How your foundational nursing skills translate into more advanced levels of nursing practice.
- Organizational theory practices so you can move into management roles within the healthcare system.
Liberty’s online nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and meet rigorous standards for academic quality.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS*), careers in nursing are expected to grow significantly faster than the average of all professions through at least 2026. BLS reports that registered nurses with a BSN degree will generally have better career prospects than nurses without a BSN degree. Registered nurses seeking advancement in their careers should consider completing our online nursing program since a BSN degree is required for most promotions in the nursing profession:
- Community agencies
- Government service
- Independent practice
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited October 07, 2019).
Liberty’s RN to BSN Online Degree Program Highlights
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online RN to BSN degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our online RN-to-BSN degree ranked among the best online programs by BestColleges.com due to our credentials, affordability, and level of career preparedness.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Nurses can complete this degree program in as little as 3 years.
Military Benefits for Our Online RN to BSN Degree Program
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training.
100% online, 8-week courses
Automatic minimum 39 credits for RN licensure and transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jan 10, 2022
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.