Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Data Networking
Learn to Solve Data Management Problems with Our Online B.S. in Information Systems – Data Networking Degree
Are you interested in learning more about information technology? Do you have an interest in business but a passion for computers and data networking? This BS in Information Systems – Data Networking degree program offers many opportunities to expand your knowledge.
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Data Networking program will help you strengthen your foundational and integral skills and tools related to data networking and information systems. As you navigate system analysis and business law, you will build upon an insightful integration of data networking with business solutions that will increase your marketability and aid in professional development.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Each course is taught by professors who have a passion for their field in addition to real-life experience working with the material that they are teaching. They will be able to guide and direct you as they teach these skills to you from a Christian perspective. You will learn how to incorporate your faith into your future career from someone who has been there before.
What Will You Learn in Our Online B.S. in Information Systems – Data Networking Degree Program?
- Study corporate data networking with a primary focus on switched networks.
- Work on setting up and operating a switched network.
- Study the methods of controlling unwanted intrusions and activities efficiently and cost-effectively with insight into Intrusion Detection Systems, firewalls, and virtual private networks.
- Implement your knowledge from previous courses in this in-depth study that will expose you to most of the topics in the network certification exam.
- Examine the initial implementation and planning of an Internet Security program while analyzing risk factors.
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems – Data Networking
- Data communications analyst
- IT manager
- Network engineer
- Network technician
- Systems administrator
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Data Networking Bachelor’s Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Data Networking degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You’ll be able to complete your Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Data Networking online in as little as 3.5 years.
Military Benefits for the B.S. in Information Systems – Data Networking Online Degree Program
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jan 16, 2023
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.