Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Elementary Education Interdisciplinary Studies
Equip Children for a Bright Future with an Online Education Degree
Helping children grow into the next generation of responsible, capable world-changers inspires you. That’s why an online Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education degree from Liberty University would be a great fit. With it, you can become an elementary school teacher and guide children as they develop the social skills, cognitive abilities, and behavior that will prepare them for the rest of their education — and the rest of their lives.
As a nonprofit, Christian college, we offer you elementary education training that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and one important way we do that is by educating those who educate others — so you can impact the next generation for Christ. With a bachelor’s degree in elementary education from Liberty University, you’ll influence the development of your students’ educational, spiritual, and social needs — changing the world one child at a time.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and our elementary education program is recognized by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
If you are interested in a licensure track, please see our Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Elementary Education Degree?
- Develop practical teaching skills for classroom management.
- Explore exciting instructional technologies that will help you create a fun and effective classroom.
- Get the tools you need to help children conquer learning challenges so they can adapt and succeed.
- Study foundational learning theories that explain how students grow and learn better.
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education is designed to be pre-teacher education preparation, giving you opportunities to practice educational planning by creating lesson plans and other learning-focused activities and carry out classroom work. Your elementary education classes will teach you to critically evaluate educational methods and interventions as well as apply them to real-world situations. And these classes can get you ready for what’s next — the elementary education program prepares you to move on to a Master of Arts in Teaching, which will help you meet state-specific teaching licensure requirements.
Please note: Check with your state’s board of education for their specific teaching licensure requirements.
Potential Career Options with an Elementary Education Degree Online
- Christian school administrator
- Church educational minister
- Private school teacher
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Elementary Education Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online elementary education bachelor’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our online Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education degree in as little as 3.5 years.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for your military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.