Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Criminal Justice – Crime Scene Investigation (CSI)
Learn How to Investigate Crimes and Safeguard Physical Evidence with an Investigative Forensic Degree
Often the key to solving a crime or convicting a criminal comes down to investigative forensics. Investigative forensics involves analyzing a crime scene and determining what evidence should be collected and then examining that evidence in a laboratory. Out in the field, you may be labeling and taking pictures of the crime scene, while in the laboratory you might perform chemical, biological, and microscopic analyses on the evidence that was collected. Liberty’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the investigative forensics field and the skills you need to succeed within it.
Throughout your degree, you will learn how to work with law enforcement to launch and facilitate a successful investigation of a crime. Our CSI degree will help you learn the essential skills needed to conduct criminal investigations and protect and record vital evidence to ensure that it can be accurately analyzed.
A crime scene investigator will face different situations in every case. Therefore, it is necessary to have a wide range of skills and knowledge. Our criminal justice classes are focused on giving you relevant content so you are competent and confident as you enter your career. Our faculty of experienced criminal justice professionals will prepare you for your career with challenging case studies that are true to life and reflect real fieldwork.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s B.S. in Criminal Justice – Crime Scene Investigation?
- Develop crime scene investigation strategies.
- Explore best practices and technologies currently used in the field.
- Learn essential techniques and methods for successful crime scene investigation.
- Learn the analytical and scientific practices of forensics in law enforcement.
Through our criminal justice classes, you will learn the principles of investigation and advanced practices needed for the field. With Liberty’s online B.S. in Criminal Justice – Crime Scene Investigation, you will gain the knowledge and in-demand skills to work on intense crime scene investigations on your own schedule and from a Christian worldview. You may also be interested in exploring our bachelor’s degrees in public administration or national security.
Potential Careers in Criminal Justice – CSI
Our crime scene investigation degree is designed to help lead you to a career in a diverse and challenging atmosphere.
Potential career fields include:
- Crime scene investigator
- Crime scene technician
- Forensic project coordinator
- Forensic science technician
- Senior forensic analyst
Benefits of Liberty’s CSI Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and as one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online crime scene investigation degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our program has been ranked as the #2 Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degree in Forensic Science by AffordableColleges.com.
- You can complete our B.S. in Criminal Justice – Crime Scene Investigation in as little as 3.5 years!
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Mar 22, 2021
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We’re now ranked in the top 1% of online schools and universities for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
– by BestColleges.com
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.