Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design
Add Credentials to Your Natural Talent with a Degree in Graphic Design Online
Every day, you are bombarded with images that attempt to change your point of view. The internet and every traditional media have adapted to a visual communication style that demands increasingly more interactive advertisements, websites, and videos to connect with customers and audiences around the world. Whether you are a professional seeking to branch out with new, in-demand skills, or you are entering the communications field for the first time, Liberty’s online Bachelor of Fine Arts – Graphic Design will equip you with the visual communication skills you need.
Liberty University’s 100% online bachelor’s in graphic design can teach you to strategically use visual elements to communicate messages and appeal to the emotions of your viewers. As a Christian university, Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill our mission by equipping the next generation of visual communication experts with these powerful tools, rooted in biblical ethics and values. Our goal is to help you use your artistic talents to positively influence your community while making an impact for Christ.
What Will You Learn in Our Graphic Design Classes Online?
- The history of art and how the influences of the past affect today’s visual designs
- Principles of visual communication that shape how people reach their audiences
- Graphic design tools that will help you create effective digital art
Graphic designers must be up-to-date with cutting-edge tools to create the most effective visual communication. Our online program will equip you with the necessary tools and in-demand skills to become successful in a career in graphic design.
You may also be interested in exploring our associate degree in business administration or our bachelor’s degrees in information systems or information technology.
Potential Careers with a Degree in Graphic Design Online
- Art director
- Copy editing
- Corporate team building
- Editing publications
- Web developers
- Multimedia artist or animator
Benefits of Liberty’s Graphic Design Online Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online BFA from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for online graphic design classes has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students in the online graphic design bachelor’s program will have access to industry-standard Adobe products, like Creative Cloud.
- The portfolio project in this degree will become the most valuable promotional tool you have to secure a job in the graphic design industry after graduation.
Military Benefits for the Graphic Design Online Degree
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 22, 2022
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.