Associate of Arts (A.A.) in Creative Writing
Learn about Writing and the Writing Business with an Associate of Arts in Creative Writing
Do you dream of being a writer? Writers are more than just novelists. They are involved in the business processes behind their writing as well. Possessing an understanding of writing concepts, publishing, advertising, and web content is crucial for your success as a writer. By pursuing Liberty’s Associate of Arts in Creative Writing degree, you’ll receive the training you need to be successful in any field you choose.
An exciting part of our associate degree in creative writing is that you will have the opportunity to learn from #1 New York Times bestselling author and Christian novelist, Karen Kingsbury. Karen has contributed course content to this degree, providing firsthand training in all areas of interest. We are proud to partner with Karen through our Karen Kingsbury Center for Creative Writing.
Our online associate degree in creative writing provides the educational experience for you to develop and explore your writing skills while simultaneously preparing you for future studies for your bachelor’s degree. If you want to write meaningful stories, novellas, and other forms of fiction, then consider pursuing our creative writing degree!
What Will You Learn in Our Online Associate Degree in Creative Writing?
- Learn the basics of analytical reading, informed reasoning, effective writing, and sound argumentation.
- Gain a practical working knowledge of the fundamentals of editing, layout, and publishing.
- Learn the literary components, complexity, and craft of creative writing.
Upon successful completion of our online associate degree in creative writing, you will be able to conduct in-depth textual research and use your writing talents to bring honor to the calling God has placed on your life. Our goal is that you will be able to write clearly and persuasively as you use your gifts and talents to serve your communities, your church, and the world around you.
Benefits of the A.A. in Creative Writing from Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online creative writing degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete the AA in Creative Writing degree program in as little as 1.5 years.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training.
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Oct 26, 2020
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We’re now ranked in the top 1% of online schools and universities for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
– by BestColleges.com
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective and our faculty sees themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years… and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition in 5 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is the valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.