Associate of Arts (A.A.) in Biblical Studies
Study the Bible to Prepare for Christian Leadership
Are you excited about your relationship with Jesus Christ and ready to help others grow in their faith? Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies can help you prepare for a variety of ministry and teaching roles. You’ll gain the foundation you need to pursue ministry or continue your studies.
If you love the Lord, you are probably looking for ways to fulfill the Great Commission and bring the Word of God to others. By taking courses that focus on Bible study, theology, global engagement, and more, you’re equipping yourself with the knowledge and tools necessary to make an impact for Christ. This degree can help you prepare for a variety of ministry roles that will allow you to show others God’s love.
If you don’t want to start your career immediately after graduation, you may also consider using this program as a first step towards completing your bachelor’s degree. The A.A. in Biblical Studies will perfectly complement any of our divinity bachelor’s programs.
What Will You Learn in Our Biblical Studies Associate Degree?
- How to research and write for religious disciplines
- Intercultural communication and engagement
- Methodical study of Scripture
- Old and New Testament backgrounds
- Theological interpretations of the Bible
Throughout your degree, you’ll be learning core skills that can be used in nearly any profession. You’ll take courses on communication, critical thinking, and cultural studies. You’ll also study skills that can be specifically applied to a future role in ministry or further academic studies.
Career Opportunities for Associate in Biblical Studies Graduates
- Activity director
- Camp counselor
- Devotional and applied Bible study curriculum developer
- Educational program director
- Enrollment counselor
- Executive director
- Kindergarten Bible teacher
- Ministry assistant
- Ministry director
- Parachurch teacher
- Prison ministry teacher
- Program supervisor
- Rescue mission ministry director
- Women’s ministry teacher
Benefits of Pursuing Our Biblical Studies Associate Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online biblical studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online religion degrees has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete the associate degree in biblical studies in just 1.5 years.
- You will have networking opportunities with other students in the program from around the world.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 22, 2022
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.