Associate of Arts in Accounting
Start Your Career with an Associate in Accounting
The business world is constantly changing with the development of new technologies and strategies, but one thing that remains constant is the need for accountants. If you are trying to break into the field of public or private accounting, financial planning, or financial analysis, Liberty University’s online A.A. in Accounting degree is designed to get you started. An online degree in accounting will allow you to further your career by gaining a foothold in the business field. While pursuing this accounting degree, you will learn how to navigate the business world with morality in a field with so many gray areas.
Our online associate degree program is a stepping stone to a bachelor’s degree in business or accounting. We have designed the A.A. in Accounting online degree to be completed in as little as a year and a half without any required visits to our campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. You can work on your degree from home without the stress of commuting or attending residential classes. With a background in business training from a Christian worldview, graduates of Liberty University’s online Associate of Arts in Accounting degree program have the tools they need to enter the business world as Champions for Christ.
Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
What Will You Learn in Our A.A. in Accounting?
- Essential business law concepts that will ensure you remain compliant
- Financial accounting assessment methods and useful reporting tools
- Managerial accounting skills to make you a better leader in business
- Principles of marketing that will help you better utilize business assets for success
If you pursue our A.A. in Accounting online degree, you will be equipped with the knowledge and in-demand skills to move forward with your career and continue on to a bachelor’s degree. Liberty’s online accounting associate’s degree provides a broad selection of key skills from communications to business technology, in addition to your core accounting classes in order to prepare you to adapt to the changing needs of the business field. Along with foundational general education and Christian life and thought courses grounded in a biblical worldview, you will have a well-rounded curriculum to prepare you both academically and spiritually to be a Champion for Christ in the business world. You may also be interested in exploring our Associate of Arts in Business or our Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
Potential Careers for A.A. in Accounting Graduates
- Corporate accounting
- Public accounting
Benefits of Pursuing Your A.A. in Accounting with Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our Associate of Arts in Accounting degree in as little as 1.5 years.
- Liberty’s School of Business has achieved accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), demonstrating it has met standards of business education that promote professional excellence.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 22, 2022
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.