M.A. in Worship Studies
Residential Master of Arts in Worship Studies
The Master of Arts in Worship Studies program is designed to equip worship leaders to better serve the church as skilled, passionate leaders of worship. In order to adapt worship theory to the local church, students receive training in qualitative and quantitative research methods. Worship students are also taught to minister in a variety of evangelical worship cultures with skill and expertise. Partner faculty and guest instructors are often drawn from top Christian leaders in worship music, songwriting, and arranging. The curriculum includes core classes in biblical and theological foundations, worship studies, and practical theologies of worship.
The Worship Studies (M.A.) is also offered online.
Residential Worship Studies Cognates
- Worship Studies (M.A.): Ethnomusicology (DCP)
- Worship Studies (M.A.): Leadership (DCP)
- Worship Studies (M.A.): Worship Techniques (DCP)
Career Opportunities in Worship Studies
- Worship pastor
- Vocational worship leader
- Director of worship ministries
- Minister of music
- Program director for contemporary worship